Cellphone Etiquette Horror Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was just reading this article in The Boston Globe-some of it is here

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/175/living/Uncalled_for+.shtml

They also have horror stories people sent in. One describes someone on a cell phone while on line to receive Communion at a 9/11 memorial service a week later. Another describes someone on a cell at a funeral describing everything, including how the deceased looked 'healthy' in the coffin. Another describes a pallbearer at a funeral w/ a ringing cellphone who took it out to see who was calling.

:down: :tsk: What is wrong w/ these people? I guess it's just ignorance/lack of etiquette in general. But how can they not know how inappropriate this is? :confused:

Does anyone have any other horror stories?

:tsk:

i wasn't overly impressed with the guy who drove into me while checking his email on his handheldl.
but that was just me.

grrr people on cell phones can be sooooo rude and annoying. I've never seen anything like that with the cell phones at funerals, most of it is when I'm in a store, and someone's phone rings. Then they manage to talk as loud as they possibly can, so everyone knows they are talking on their cell phone, like a bragging right. :mad: :mad:

This guy almost killed me cuz he was trying to drive and talk at the same time. Cuts me off in traffic, then pulls to the side of the road, I go to go around him and he cuts me off again, comes within a hair of sideswiping me, almost rearends this other driver, and of course the cops are nowhere around to see this :madspit:

[/rant]

At my school a lot of people ride their bikes around, and they're always pretty reckless and run into people and cars frequently. Now with the cell phone craze, I've seen several cyclists riding while talking on the phone! Not only are they not looking where they're going, they only have 1 arm to steer and brake with!

Giant Lemon said:
At my school a lot of people ride their bikes around, and they're always pretty reckless and run into people and cars frequently. Now with the cell phone craze, I've seen several cyclists riding while talking on the phone!

In this article, someone told a story of being at a roller skating rink and seeing a guy skating backwards while talking on a cellphone. He collided w/ a child yet still managed to lift and move the child while continuing to skate and talk.:down: :rolleyes:

Some people also mention people on cellphones in restrooms-in the stalls! :barf:

But that is less offensive to me than the funeral/church stories- those are just truly mind boggling.

Once again, our technological advances are soiled with the arrogance of humanity

yeah, why DO cellphones induce madness/rudeness in people? Is it the radiation so close to their brains???

I've seen plenty of STUPID on the roads here, but a friend of mine told me this one. She, and several other co-workers in various locations, were on a concall meeting at the office, and were also linked to a sr. manager who was working from home and was on her cellphone. My friend and her co-workers were using a speakerphone. (I think you know where I'm going with this)

The meeting was going along fine, when suddenly, there was a slight lull in the conversation, and they all heard a very loud *WHOOSH!* of a toilet being flushed, which was broadcast over the speakerphone. They all looked at each other like "Oh no she DIDN'T..." but the manager aparently thought nothing of it, and just kept right on yakking without losing a step.

Needless to say, they lost a bit of respect for her after that....

Like my dear old dad always says: "Get some COUTH, will ya?!" :)

ask anyone i know...cell phone etiquette is my biggest pet peeve...i mean, if i see someone on the phone while driving (which i do all the time), i get as far away from them as i possibly can...some guy almost killed my sister and i by going through the middle of a red light...ugh!!! if i use a cell phone at a store or restaurant...i always go outside...always!!! grrrrrrrrrrr@the funeral thing...that's just sick, wrong, discourtious...and STUPID!!! i mean, honestly people!!!

Back
Top Bottom