Celebrity Big Brother 2006 UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karls77

War Child
In Aardie's absence I guess it falls to me to get this one going. The fun kicks off tomorrow at 9 on Channel 4. I haven't seen/heard much about this other than the odd flash of the BB eye during commercial breaks on 4 which is kinda odd as they normally advertise the hell out of these things.

Rumoured celebs include: Michael Barrymore (this all sounds a bit dodgy! http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006000332,00.html), Johnny Vegas :madspit:, Macaulay Culkin, Joan Rivers, Pogues star Shane McGowan :drunk:, glamour girl Jodie Marsh, diet expert Gillian McKeith, Dead or Alive frontman Pete Burns, US model Anna Nicole-Smith, basketballer/crossdresser Dennis Rodman :yikes:, Culture Club's Boy George and ex-FA secretary Faria Alam.

Remember how much fun it was last year??
john_cigar_250x350.jpg
:lmao:
john_205.jpg

It doesn't look like Ant from BB6 is doing too well these days as his 70's dancing "workout" DVD has bombed:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006000289,00.html

What a silly boy.........

Cant wait to see who's in it. Love the celebrity version, hearing so many different things about whose in it. Sounds like a good mix. Hopefully see some sparks fly.

^^^Its Jackie :wink:

It sounds like a great mix of people this year if it is correct - Shane McGowan, Pete Burns, Anna-Nicole Smith!:wink: I will definitely be watching:up:

Tilli said:
It sounds like a great mix of people this year if it is correct - Shane McGowan, Pete Burns, Anna-Nicole Smith!:wink: I will definitely be watching:up:

Hey Tilli, your post count is looking impressive these days! :wink:

I put that list together after doing a few google searches, so I wouldn't put too much faith in it. Things have been pretty quiet media-wise so it will be interesting to see who actually goes in tomorrow night. After a bunch of rubbish tele at christmas I'm rather looking forward to this! :reject:

Hey Karls! Yes, from my humble beginnings on the BB thread last summer -look at me now:reject: I hope to see some of the usual suspects about on this thread though!

I have only heard rumours about Michael Barrymore - as there has been stuff in the papers about it - he's a bit of a controversial choice I think, but it would be interesting to see him in there. Shane MaGowan would be great, although he was on the Frank Skinner show a while back and I had no clue what he was saying:huh: :wink: I am pretty sure he also took his front teeth out:yuck:

Tilli said:
Hey Karls! Yes, from my humble beginnings on the BB thread last summer -look at me now:reject: I hope to see some of the usual suspects about on this thread though!

I hope so too. We've only three weeks of BB this time so we'll have to fit a lot in!

Tilli said:
Shane MaGowan would be great, although he was on the Frank Skinner show a while back and I had no clue what he was saying:huh: :wink: I am pretty sure he also took his front teeth out:yuck:

Yeah, it would be great to have another rock star who has taken way too many substances for their own good like Bez last year. I saw him on a documentary about the recording of a Fairytale of New York a couple of weeks back and he looked like walking death!

karls77 said:

Hey PR! Looks like you've given yourself a four-star rating. Feeling confident then?? :wink:

Yeah I rate myself highly :wink: !

I thought 5 stars would be pushing it though...

Interesting mix this year with some good surprises:

1. Traci Bingham - Don't know much about her, guess she's there as "eye candy", obviously has some history with Rodman

2. George Galloway - Completely surprised by this one. Can't wait to hear the rubbish he comes out with!

3. Jodie Marsh - More eye candy but I reckon she has a good chance of winning

4. Dennis Rodman - Great to see him although I'm not sure how many people in the UK will have heard of him. Wonderfully eccentric basketball player.

5. Faria Alam - Felt sorry for her as she really got booed. Sounds like she has a few probs and going in the house probably was not a good idea for her

6. Michael Barrymore - Don't know much about him

7. Rula Lenska - Never heard of her

8. Preston - Never really heard of him or his band

9. Maggot - GLC! Should be fun to watch him drool over Jodie and Traci

10. Pete Burns - Scary dude, really glad I'm not in the house with him

11. Chantelle - ??

Oops! Dunno how i missed that! Havent heard of a few of them. Also felt sorry for Faria, no need for the booing! as for Michael Barrymore he was a really popular tv presenter a few years ago. He was married, but secretly gay, bit of controversy surrounding him. Then a few years ago there was a party at his home and one of the guests died, not sure how exactly, but he left the country not long after!

Traci Bingham and Rula Lenska were the only two I hadn't heard of this year; nothing like I'm a Celebrity... where I've never heard of any of the contestants.

It seems like a good line up - Maggot from GLC will hopefully be good entertainment - you knows it!!

Not sure who Tracy Bingham is either:shrug:

Tilli said:
Not sure who Tracy Bingham is either:shrug:

Apparently she was on Baywatch, that SoCal skin-filled show with the groovy Mr. Hasselhoff. Google also says that she was in playboy and other "lad-mags", not that I'd know personally though.... :wink:

Some funny quotes from Galloway:
"I believe that politicians should use every opportunity to communicate with people," he said in a statement.
"I'm a great believer in the democratic process. Big Brother is watched by millions."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4587448.stm

Haven't watched any yet, but all over my nan's Daily Express today were "shocking" pictures of Barrymore scratching out the eyes of a picture of the queen with a lemon squeezer. :ohmy:

{paintedroses} said:
Haven't watched any yet, but all over my nan's Daily Express today were "shocking" pictures of Barrymore scratching out the eyes of a picture of the queen with a lemon squeezer. :ohmy:

lol! I think the Queen's picture is the 'gnome cam' replacement in the house - it has a secret camera in one of the queens eyes ( I watched BBLB today).

They should bring back Gnome cam as the music to it was great:wink:

It's been reasonably entertaining thus far thou I haven't been able to watch a whole lot. I thought Jodie would be more entertaining but she's been just been bitching about how bad her life is.

Chantelle's performance was sooooooo bad and I can't believe the other celebs believed that she was an actual singer!

Chantelle's friends call her Paris Travel Lodge 'cos she's a cheaper version of you know who..........

Michael Barrymore need not worry,'cos they've got a lifeguard for the pool.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom