Celebrating The Rolling Stones' 45th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You got to roll me and call me the tumblin dice, (call me the tumblin)
Got to roll me, got to roll me, got to roll me (oh yeah)
Got to roll me. got to roll me, got to roll me ( keep on rolling, keep on rolling)

Their greatness is underrated by a lot of the B&C gang, I think. Understandably, they're getting up there, but the effortless way Keith and Ronnie just pulled riffs out of the same old chords we all use is amazing.

Although The Beatles will always be the most significant band of all time for me, The Stones will always be the ultimate rock and roll band in my mind.

Okay, everyone go listen to that bass riff from Live With Me, and in comes that snare, and the honky-tonk piano slide. Oh man, it's like digging your hands into fresh soil. Salt of the earth stuff, guys. Seriously.

Man, I'm getting into the Stones once again. I only bought Jump Back a while ago back in the Bridges to Babylon days along with that album but never managed to go further back than that.

I just received Four Flicks in the mail and have grown to respect the guys a lot more. Keef is just the face of rock and roll.

(BTW, anyone know of a good Rolling Stones message board? The equivalent of interfernce?)

Oh and here's Lifehouse doing a really sweet version of Beast of Burden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5TpGx82xT0

Back
Top Bottom