Cd Trades For Christmas - Anyone Interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frozenmuze04

The Fly
Okay - a friend of mine started this up on another band's message board as a cool way of meeting new people and spreading a little musical joy for the impending holidays - so I thought I'd see what you all thought of it. I think it's really cool. . .

It would work like this: make a compilation CD of some of your favorite music - any genre, any bands, anything at all - and I (or whoever was overseeing the whole thing, but I'd be happy to do it) would compile all the people who wanted to participate into a list. Then at random, addresses will be distributed and you'd send your CD to the address you're given - with a note about why you chose the songs you did, etc. And we don't open them until Christmas, as a way of keeping it kinda - you know - holly jolly and all. ;) The only real rules could be simple: no more than say, two songs from any one band or artist, and maybe, for the sake of this board and keeping our excitement level at a boiling point, you have to include your favorite U2 song...? Yes?

Does this sound cool to anyone? I've set up an email account to field questions about it, or to compile the emails and addresses of all who are interested. I'm thinking that the cut-off for making the discs - i.e. having them ready to go - should be Dec. 1st. That way it gives plenty of time for people to receive them what with holiday mail hell and all.

Let me know what you think - I think it's a really cool way to discover some new music and maybe meet some cool new people! Especially with the impending tour and all - might make some fun connections!

Anyway - reply to this post or email me at websteribbon@yahoo.com if you want to be added to the list or just have a question. I'll keep an eye on where it's at in the next couple of days and post an update - whether it's a go or not, and how many people are doing it.

Ho, ho, ho - the Atomic Bomb is almost here. :ohmy:

We've done this here before, too, and it was a huge success.

Count me in, except I won't be opening mine on Christmas since I don't celebrate Christmas. And no Christmas music please!!! :scream:

mjj60@mail.com

Good deal - a few takers then!

Like I said before, I think Dec. 1st is a good date for cutoff. That should give everyone time to get a CD prepared and whatnot -

As for "rules" - seems kinda lame to have any at all, but at the same time, it kinda adds to the fun of it in a way - how about:

1) no more than two songs from any one band, to keep things different;

2) gotta include your fav U2 song. Or one of them. Or, as with rule 1, 2 of them. ;)

By midweek I'll start organizing what we've got into a list so that when the time comes, swapping addresses will be easy.

Thanks, guys! Should make for a cool project - take care all -

C.

Oh, and joyfulgirl - totally cool - I wasn't intending this necessarily to be a "Christmas" thing in and of itself - and for anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, no offense intended! :ohmy:

I hope no one took it as exclusive - wasn't intended that way!

Cheers -

C.

frozenmuze04 said:
Oh, and joyfulgirl - totally cool - I wasn't intending this necessarily to be a "Christmas" thing in and of itself - and for anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, no offense intended! :ohmy:

I wasn't offended at all. :)

Great -

isabelle_guns, Tania, and Eliv8, I'll need your email addresses.

As we'd said before, Dec. 1 - this coming Wednesday - will be the cutoff. Probably that night I'll email all of you and request addresses so I can swap you all with a partner for trading discs.

Thanks guys! This should be cool. Take care.

Chris

Okay - just updating - everyone should have received their address for their "swap partner" (man that sounded bad. . .haha!). If you hadn't, email me at the address I posted at first (websteribbon@yahoo.com) and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks guys! Glad you all participated. Have a great holiday.

Did anyone get their mixes? I sent mine off last week, did not receive one yet. :hyper:

Mine, too, but no response, and no cd for me yet. Did everyone really play this time or is it just us?

:grumpy:

Eliv8 said:
I never received a contact to mail to

Did you give frozenmuze your email address? S/he asked for it earlier in the thread. Otherwise :shrug:

That sucks. I still haven't gotten anything (maybe you were supposed to get my name??) nor heard from my recipient. I'm curious about whether anyone else received theirs or if this was the worst ever Interference trade. :|

Back
Top Bottom