Cd receiver/Cd changer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I'm getting a cd player for my car, and so do I get a changer that works with my already just fine radio? Or do I just get a cd receiver? I'd like to be able to stick a bunch of cds in and scramble them. The aftermarket cd receivers seem more common, but I saw a cd changer for 60 bucks in the ad for Best Buy. Problem: I hate dealing with Best Buy. Oh yeah, I want to keep using the cassette tape player, too.

What's a girl to do?

martha said:
I'm getting a cd player for my car, and so do I get a changer that works with my already just fine radio? Or do I just get a cd receiver? I'd like to be able to stick a bunch of cds in and scramble them. The aftermarket cd receivers seem more common, but I saw a cd changer for 60 bucks in the ad for Best Buy. Problem: I hate dealing with Best Buy. Oh yeah, I want to keep using the cassette tape player, too.

What's a girl to do?

hmmmmmmm before this thread dies.... maybe someone can help you! ;)

hmmm...i don't really know. i'm probably too late with this, but i'd say ask someone at best buy in the car stereo department. it's been my experience that they'll give you the straight answer instead of trying to sell you on something expensive. i've always put a cd player/radio on my cars. oh, and i'd definitely recommend getting their service contract. my last cd was broken and i had to not only buy a new one and pay for its installation, i also had to pay to get the broken one uninstalled! :mad:

you can't really have tapes and cd players in the same unit unless you purchase it in your original purchase of a car, which clearly you didn't.

don't get that one for $60 unless you want to deal with it. my car is a shitmobile, so i got one really cheap and installed it myself. if you're going to have this car for a while, get a nice cd player. any cd player with more than 1 cd will most likely be located in your trunk which is a big pain.

i like best buy and find that if i just out and ask them what is best for me they are honest.

Lilly said:
don't get that one for $60 unless you want to deal with it. my car is a shitmobile, so i got one really cheap and installed it myself. if you're going to have this car for a while, get a nice cd player.
i agree. i got one for $60, and the eject/load spring or whatever inside the player got stuck. the one i have now is my pimpin' cd player. it cost about double, and it's awesome. it's an aiwa, the the colours change from purple to red (you do it manually, it's awesome), it plays cd's, cd-r's, and cd-rw's, which is awesome for me since so does my stereo (also aiwa) so i can spring for buying cd-rw's now. and with my music tastes changing, i don't have to burn 1000 cd's. also, it has an auxiliary plug which is great cuz you can attach mp3 players to it and use it instead, and i plan on buying one sometime soon.

trust me, the extra $30-50 i spent on the higher quality cd player was totally worth it; i don't regret buying this player at all.

All helpful answers (well, almost). I'm leaning towards a 6 cd changer that works with my radio/cassette player. It's by Alpine, and it'll set us back about $229. The Man says I should get it because it's his present to me. :heart: It'll fit under mt seat, and the remote has a shuffle button!

Back
Top Bottom