CD COVERS-Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Please everyone, I need your help. I put this in Lemonade Stand because it isn't really U2 content, but if the mod's choose to move it, then feel free. I just need help. I finally got some U2 bootlegs, and I have the setlists, but I want to make my own covers for them. I think it will be fun. Does anyone know what the margins are in WORD For making a cd cover???

Thanks for your help!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

i use a programme made especially for creating this kind of shiznit. there's a site that has cover art for a lot of bootlegs...the link's @ flom, i can't remember it right now.

Originally posted by chain:
4 3/4 incnes square

That would be 4.75 in decimal form which is what you have to type in on the computer
wink.gif

Originally posted by ABEL:

That would be 4.75 in decimal form which is what you have to type in on the computer
wink.gif

Thanks A lot!! What about the spine??? I am guessing that it would be 4.75long, but how tall?? (Just a single CD case). Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 02-21-2002).]

Did you know that there are tons of sites out there that have U2 Bootleg covers that you can print off? If you are wanting pretty colour photos.

Originally posted by Angel:
Did you know that there are tons of sites out there that have U2 Bootleg covers that you can print off? If you are wanting pretty colour photos.

I found one, but they weren't the right size for a cd case. That seemed odd to me. Am I missing something??

thanks so much for everyone's help!!!

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Thanks Sicy. I'll try those!!

The track listing isn't the same though. For the Slane1 show some of Bono's speech's have their own track, and they aren't on the setlist!!!

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Yeah I know..whoever recorded the mp3s decided to put Bono's speeches as individual songs.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yeah I know..whoever recorded the mp3s decided to put Bono's speeches as individual songs.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!! That clears it up. I just thought that I was doing something wrong since I couldn't find the right track listing.

I guess that I am staying late at work tonight to use the printer
wink.gif

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I guess that I am staying late at work tonight to use the printer
wink.gif

hehe. That sounds like a darn good idea. I need to catch up with some bootleg covers myself. Might just stick around and use the spiffy colour printer once everyone leaves.
biggrin.gif

you usually use a special kind of cd cover program to resize it to the right size, saves too much messing about, you just line it up. The best one I've found comes with Nero Burning Rom cd writing software, but there are some freeware standalone ones that do the job too.

------------------
?*~darkcloud~*?

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I found one, but they weren't the right size for a cd case. That seemed odd to me. Am I missing something??

Yeah, actually I have had the same problem. However, I don't have an ink jet printer anyway, so didn't bother trying to figure it out.
wink.gif

Oh how I want some pretty covers for my bootlegs....

The spine on a standard cd cover is usually 1/4 inch (.25) wide by 4.75 tall. Hope this helps!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom