Catwomen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
<b> Storyline: </b>
From (imdb.com)<i>
Catwoman is the story of shy, sensitive artist Patience Philips (Halle Berry), a woman who can't seem to stop apologizing for her own existence. She works as a graphic designer for Hedare Beauty, a mammoth cosmetics company on the verge of releasing a revolutionary anti-aging product. When Patience inadvertently happens upon a dark secret her employer is hiding, she finds herself in the middle of a corporate conspiracy. What happens next changes Patience forever. In a mystical twist of fate, she is transformed into a woman with the strength, speed, agility and ultra-keen senses of a cat. With her newfound prowess and feline intuition, Patience becomes Catwoman, a sleek and stealthy creature balancing on the thin line between good and bad. Like any wildcat, she's dangerous, elusive and untamed. Her adventures are complicated by a burgeoning relationship with Tom Lone (Benjamin Bratt), a cop who has fallen for Patience but cannot shake his fascination with the mysterious Catwoman, who appears to be responsible for a string of crime sprees plaguing the city. </i>

I thought that story line was okay but there were a lot of plot inconsistencies. So much more could've been done to the storyline to make it more powerful. It is shame that the plot was presented so weakly.

I am glad that the storyline of Catwomen had nothing to do with the DG comics line "Batman". It Portrayed Catwomen as a hero and not a Villian. The movie also makes it clear that there are more than one Catwomen walking around in the world.

Overall, it was too predictable from beginning to end and there were no plot surprises which disappointed me.

<b> Costumes: </b>
Besides the ultra cool leather get up sported by Hally, the costumes of the other cast were great. It was a very fashionable movie. I like Hally's blue/brown casual dress that she wore during here scenes in the Hedare Beauty office.

<b> Set Deck: </b>
There were some recognizable Vancouver architecture and culture that was scene in the movie but not too much that it was cheesy. In fact a lot of scenes didn't look like Vancouver at all, more like NY or LA.

<b> Animation: </b>
A lot of the CGI graphics were very unnecessary and ruined the charm of the movie. Too much of it actually ruined the look of the film in most parts.

<b> Acting: </b>
Sharon Stone hasn't had a good role in 10 years so I wasn't expecting too much from her. I have also seen Sharon Stone at her best back in the 80's mid 90's. Sharon Stone's role was too overacted.

Hally Barry's acting was good, better than most in the film. It wasn't a dynamic character role but Hally pulled it off like a real actor.

<b> Camera/lighting: </b>
Good angles but would've liked to have seen more experimentation. The camera wasn't too shy about the numerous ass shorts of Hally.

<b> Music: </b>
I am glad that they didn't beef up the movie with cheesy hard rock metal tracks but kept the film at a reasonable feel.

You see, I thought the only reason to watch was Halle Berry is a tight, leather, cat suit. Apparently, the producers created something a little more worthy of my time; not that Berry isn't enough reason for me ;)...Lord, I'm a smarmy sunofabitch.

and in a related story....

Halle's stunt double is a man

Halle Berry's stunt double in Catwoman is a man.

Nito Larioza wore red lipstick and a catsuit for the role, says the News of the World.

The Hawaiian-born martial arts expert is the same height and has has the same skin colour as Berry.

The 29-year-old said: "The scenes are shot so fast you can't tell.

"But a lot of boys feasting their eyes on Halle's sexy costume are gonna flip when they realise they got steamy about a bloke in a girl's costume."

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1025865.html?menu=news.celebrities

Back
Top Bottom