cats vs. dogs =the kind of person you are)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
ok, generally speaking, people are either cat people or dog people. my observations:
the animals:
cats are are sneaky, unfriendly, unplayful pains in the ass. and their litter smells like shit.
dogs, so what if you have to walk them and feed them from the table when they beg? they rule: playful, obiedient, loyal, protectful, and damn fun to just play around with.
when I think of people who love cats, I think of some 36 year old single woman who has the personality of a doornob.
sorry if I'm wrong.
:lemon:

Last edited:
Fella you just said the wrong thing in the wrong place:ohmy:
Iam concerned for your safety now;)

Catlovers rule in Interland...
Best of luck.
Out-
Diamond:cool:

Uh oh, you're gonna get a lot of crap from cat owners, Jofo! Personally I'm much more of a dog person- I like how dogs show so much affection towards their owners. I like having my pet greet me at the door when I come home instead of hiding someplace in the house (I'm not saying that's true of all cats, but I know a lot of people whose cats just hide around the house and barely interact with humans.) I like cats too, though. I wouldn't mind having a pet cat at all- I just prefer dogs.

Last edited:
oh please!!!
don't even start with me about cats.....dogs rule and don't even argue with me.
and dogs are much more u2.
cats are more...I don't know....wilson phillips maybe.

I love cats and I am going to eat your brains

Dogs smell, jump all over you, slobber on you, bite you and are are definatly not brighter than cats.

Cats have some of the greatest personalities of any animal ever known. At least they know WHERE to shit and cover UP their shit when they're done. You dont have to walk them, you dont have to bathe them. They're cute, playful, affectionate and smart and extremely independent. You dont have to babysit them.

Yes that is my opinion and I'm arguing with you.

chispa.jpg

* rates this thread - 20 stars

I think cats are just about the best kind of animal you could get.
They end up how you bring them up. If you interact and play with them a lot when they are young, they will be very friendly social adults. An aloof cat was most likely patted occasionally and fed. End of contact. Of course some cats are naturally odd. My 3 are the weirdest damn cats I have ever seen in my life. They all suffer from some kind of mental condition. Screwballs the 3 of them.

Now my dog on the other hand....He is the world's biggest girl. He sooks, whinges, cries, wee's on everything, shits all over the backyard (refuses to go in one spot) he eats everything in sight, farts noxious toxic gas, eats dirt, rubbish, plastic, plastic bags..I could go on. I have written posts before about how bad he is. I wont turn this into another. I absolutely adore him. I really wouldn't have him any other way, except for maybe his farts which really might kill someone one day. Dogs are tiring. They are demanding. They destroy things. They bite people. They bark.

I like dogs, but cats are so much better.

I agree with Sicy and Angie. Your observations about cat behavior only prove that you dont really understand them and have probably never had a cat of your own. My cats are extremely loyal and playful and independant. They dont even use the litter box. They take care of their business out in the wild part of the yard where I dont have to see it or deal with it and I like it that way.

I dont expect to change your mind. Some people will always like dogs better and that's *oh-kay.*

Last edited:
:lol: Love this thread! :p

For me cats and dogs are equal nice, cute, sweet,......whatever. I have a dog myself and he is a wonderful little guy - whereas I love cats' mysteriousness (meaning that they move in such a sneaking way and just in soft movements).

There are certainly everywhere exceptions: Dogs that bite, cats that are too sneaky, dogs that smell,.....but in the end they're both wonderful animals in my eyes. :)

Okay, now go on with your arguement. :D

dogs are the best

im an animal lover and adore them all.
ive had both as pets and have had both nasty cats and dumb dogs.
ive also had sweet, loving cats and amazingly bright, affectionate and wonderful dogs.
personally, if i had to choose having one over the other i'd take dogs, because im what you'd call a dog person. i do enjoy them more, i like to play with my pets and watch them run around and be stupid.
but i still think cats can offer a lot and if you get a good one, can be a very rewarding friend :)

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs. I love them all, but one of my kitties (Whiskers) has been my best friend for the past 12 years (we found her in our yard when I was 8 years old). She is a little angel...my best friend. :)

I'm defintely not a cat person... I dont HATE them, just not a fan. I've never had one, but also never had a good interaction with them really either. I do admit that my brother's girlfriend's cat is pretty cool. I think there's just something about them doing their business in a box inside that grosses me out. :barf:

I am on the other hand a huge dog person. I havent been able to have a dog since I moved out on my own 5 years or so ago... since it's hard finding apts that allow them etc. I cant WAIT until the day that I am able to get another one.

umm..
I think God put Cat and Dogs on the Earth to see
HOW
their owners would get along..:ohmy::yes:
Right now God is pulling his/her hair out over our performance.
Yo
Peace-
Out-
Diamond:| :cool:

JOFO said:
ok, generally speaking, people are either cat people or dog people. my observations:
the animals:
cats are are sneaky, unfriendly, unplayful pains in the ass. and their litter smells like shit.
dogs, so what if you have to walk them and feed them from the table when they beg? they rule: playful, obiedient, loyal, protectful, and damn fun to just play around with.
:lemon:

Yayyyy!!
Sometimes I feel alone in my siding with dogs!
You hit the nail on the head with that description!

cats are rarely happy to see you when you walk in the door
They just don't exude the love and loyalty dogs do!

my two beagles back home are the BEST!! Even after being away from home for months and coming home for a breif visit they're STILL happy to see me, they remember me! it makes me happy. they cheer me up when I am sad :(

Now like anything there are exceptions...some cats are nice. But this is as rare as dodo's

I've never owned a cat, but my friends always have cats. they are not friendly, the litter box stinks, and I can't hang out in they're apartment for longer than 10 minutes before my eyes start to itch, my nose runs, and my chest begins to close up from the cat dander.:mad:
I've owned 3 dogs, and they always rule, because I had COOL ones; run around, lick your face, chase the ball, bark at strangers, and they always fall for the fake throw the ball gag.:lol: :wink:

I guess it depends on what kind you get.
for example, sicy looks like she got hers from satan.:ohmy: :mac:

I have a whole theory on this subject.

Cats are like humans as humans are naturally. Dogs are like humans as humans wish to view themselves.

Cats are completely independent, aloof if they choose to be, and totally self-centered...and they're not ashamed of it. They will come when you call only because THEY have decided to do so. Everything revolves around them. And quite frankly, that is how humans would behave if given the option and if they weren't socialized to consider others.

Dogs on the other hand are seen as being "loyal" and faithful and are willing to submit their personalities and wishes to the desires and whims of their owners. We would like to claim that this makes them more "human" like...man's best friend and all that. But in actuality, we are not like that naturally.

So in summation, you hate the thing that mirrors your true self the closest. Thus more people cannot stand cats because they cannot stand to see their "bad" qualities of selfishness reflected back at them. Truly enlightened people of course can look beyond this and appreciate these animals for their independence and individuality. ;)

And that is my theory.

I think there are a lot of popular misconceptions about cats that people who have never owned a cat entertain.

I have had 5 cats in total, 3 of which live with me now. Their litter box doesn't stink, partly because the two big ones go outside, but most importantly because I use good litter and keep it clean. When people come into my house, they can't smell that I have a cat, let alone three of them.

As for behaviour, all three are sweet, loving cats, as were my two previous cats. All three greet me at the door when I come home, and one of them faithfully follows me to the bus stop and comes to meet me there again when I come home from work. She will also come running to say hello when she sees me on my bike, or when my boyfriend arrives in his car.

Also, all three of them love to follow me around the house when I'm cleaning, doing the laundry etc.

Now are you going to tell me that 5 out of 5 cats is a fluke? Rare as a dodo indeed. ;)

Asstrap, everytime my cat hears my car pull up she comes running to greet me. :tongue:

And JOFO no wonder you hate them, you're allergic. :|
And those arent my cats.. although they look like they would be mine dont they. :macdevil:

This is my cat sasha. She'll still kick your ass though.

334%3B356323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C663%3B%3A%3B%3Aot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom