cats vs. dogs =the kind of person you are)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just wants to squeeze it right to death!
in a loving sort of way

I warmed to a cat when I went on vacation. My friend stays with a woman who owns one and he would always jump up and cuddle into me. and then they're dog would come and snuggle right into my neck!!

sometimes I felt like dr.doolittle

no problem.:wink:

I think sicy was right when she said I'm allergic to cats.:(

oh well.

new question:
aquatic mammals or birds?:sexywink: :ohmy:

I'm a hundred percent kitty person. I don't mind dogs, but they're too damn loud and noisy for me to want to keep one. Plus cats are largely self-maintained and don't bug you much (which makes all those times my cat jumps on my knees for a bit of behind-my-ear massage even more special! :))

*reading this thread with a purring, chubby kitty in my lap - who happens to greet me at the door when I get home, talks to me incessantly, is always ready to play fetch, doesn't mind being told what to do (altho I feel no need to tell him what to do), is very friendly with people and is sooooooo adorable!! :) :) *

*was thinking of this thread this morning during my morning routine with Whiskers*

Every night, Whiskers sleeps on my pillows or on the pillows on the other half of my bed. Every morning, my alarm goes off, and I get up...so does Whiskers. I then walk into the bathroom to take a showever...Whiskers either follows me or scoots in front of me to beat me into the bathroom. While I'm in the shower, Whiskers either sits on the floor right outside the tub, jumps up to put her front feet on the edge of the tub and poke her head in around the curtains, or she sneaks in between the two shower curtains so that she can sit on the edge of the tub and try to rub against me through the curtain. When i'm done in the shower, she sits on the bathroom counter and watches me dry my hair. Then I come out to the living room to use the computer, and she hops up and lies on the desk next to the keyboard and watches me. :)

I :heart: my little Whiskers!!!

Hmm...I have never needed to get a cat sitter in my life when I had to go away...I clean the litter box real good...put extra food in the bowl (I might ask someone to come in daily and change the water and check on her) but that is all....I come home...the cat looks up and asks "have you been away?" :D

We had a cat named Munchkin who would come when we called her...would take walks with us...and would attack anyone messing with my kids. I'm serious. One day my brother was roughhouse playing with my son and Munchkin's fur went wild and she went into the attack position...we could not believe it!!! She would have saved us from a fire. She passed away peacefully in her sleep..

Now we have Binky...much more typical cat but we love her...

When we get our large lawn fenced in we shall get a dog. We keep arguing about what breed. I want a small to medium sized collie...hubbie grew up with labs...we don't know. Maybe we'll get one of each...has to like the cat...the cat already seems to tolerate dogs so the problem won't be with her....

and yes...the messing in the yard and other bad behavior is the owner's problem...not the dogs.

dream wanderer

OzAurora said:
OBESWMSF%20PUP.jpg
This is the CUTEST puppy EVER. I :heart: it. :yes:

cuteness overload!!!!

I LOVE THAT PUPPY!!!! :love:

I :heart: ALL animals. Really, I can't think of one (other than earwigs and flies and things like that) that I don't like. I've had all different kinds of pets and loved them all. :) I wanted to be a vetrinarian since I was three, but my freshman year of high school I realized how much I hated chemistry. :( :sad:

Re: cuteness overload!!!!

meegannie said:
I LOVE THAT PUPPY!!!! :love:

I :heart: ALL animals. Really, I can't think of one (other than earwigs and flies and things like that) that I don't like. I've had all different kinds of pets and loved them all. :) I wanted to be a vetrinarian since I was three, but my freshman year of high school I realized how much I hated chemistry. :( :sad:

hey!!!
same here...my sister and my friends always laugh at me cos I always pay so much attention to animals. I even stop to watch crows and pigeons at times.

I was at the zoo recently for the first time in my life :huh:
I was thinking how awesome it would be to work there! get to work with beautiful cheetahs and monkeys and such

Re: Re: cuteness overload!!!!

Basstrap said:

hey!!!
same here...my sister and my friends always laugh at me cos I always pay so much attention to animals. I even stop to watch crows and pigeons at times.

I was at the zoo recently for the first time in my life :huh:
I was thinking how awesome it would be to work there! get to work with beautiful cheetahs and monkeys and such

Yes!! I lived right across the street from the National Zoo here in DC for a few months and I used to go to the zoo every other day! I would love to work with animals. :heart:

I watch pigeons and crows too..... I'll probably be one of those old ladies with the shopping cart with all the birds on her one day.... ;)

I even watch Animal Planet for fun. Last night I watced something on Tasmanian animals and then two episodes of "Pet Psychic." :lol:

Re: Re: Re: cuteness overload!!!!

meegannie said:

Yes!! I lived right across the street from the National Zoo here in DC for a few months and I used to go to the zoo every other day! I would love to work with animals. :heart:

I watch pigeons and crows too..... I'll probably be one of those old ladies with the shopping cart with all the birds on her one day.... ;)

I even watch Animal Planet for fun. Last night I watced something on Tasmanian animals and then two episodes of "Pet Psychic." :lol:

hahaha...nice...!
yeah I say that too
I'm gonna be an old man who goes to the park to feed the ducks.

I absolutely :heart: looking at dogs! When I see one in the street, I always stop to look and even smile (hehe, weird, I know) at them. :eeklaugh: Problem is, I can never take care of doggies. I'm scared. :(

Anyway, another animal I'd love to see are pandas. So cute. :cute:

Last edited:
JOFO said:
aquatic mammals or birds?
omigor...this is one i may be on the fence with.

aquatic mammals are cute. even the non-mammals i like. dolphins, manatees, whales, fishies, turtles...all are :cute:

and i like birdies too. there was a huge macaw at the pet store i went to tuesday to get our kittie (no worries peeps, they're all strays taken in, i would never buy a kittie whose sole purpose was to be sold to someone when there's so many stray animals out there) that i loved. it was mainly yellow and blue, gorgeous. it kept bobbing its head at us and ummm, making those bird noises?? (cats meow, dogs bark, but what do birds do? lol) i wanted to get it too, but i didn't see a price tag which made me think the macaw = $$$$$$.

but really, i guess i like birds more since they're more likely to be a pet of mine. once we get our own place, our goal is to own two cats, a big fish, and a bird. well, billy wants us to get one of those huge pythons as well! they had one for sale for $500, you have to feed it a frozen chicken every week! :huh:

Re: cuteness overload!!!!

meegannie said:
I wanted to be a vetrinarian since I was three, but my freshman year of high school I realized how much I hated chemistry. :( :sad:

Yeah, I thought about becoming a vet too, but I realized that I would never be able to deal with pets dying, not to mention putting them down. I'd be crying my eyes out nonstop!

On another note, the puppy is one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life!!! :heart::cute::heart:

BTW,my favorite wild animals are probably tigers and wolves. :heart:

I wish I could post pix of my little girl, Super Puppy! The people I live with have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The doggies are Australian Shepherds. One of the kitties is a beautiful blue eyed seal point siamese. She isnt pure though, and she doesnt have that thin body, but i like her better this way. Name's Jasmine, or Jazzy.
When she's on the patio roof, she'll poke her head through a hole in it and meow at you constantly to help her down, even though she is perfectly capable of getting down herself! :rolleyes: :D Cats'll do that.

Back
Top Bottom