Cats or Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I deal with both on a daily basis and I love them both. I'd never ever give up any of my cats, but if I had to start over and could only pick one....dogs. Cats are great, but they have their limits (no fault of their own). It also depends on the type of dog though. I'd rather have a moody, territorial Siamese cat more than most terrier breeds any day of the week.

cinnaminson said:
Cats. You have to work for their love, dogs just give it away to anyone.

I'm not saying this to defend dogs, but that's not true at all, the dog part at least. Most herding dogs, sighthounds, and some other breeds of dogs make it their business to always one-up their human, trying to constantly outsmart you. They do not suffer fools gladly and they will hold mistakes against you. Also, many breeds' breed standards fault over-friendliness and/or immediate acceptance of strangers.

Dogs. I want a dog I can go fishing with. Watch tv with. Play frisbee with. You know, guy stuff. :wink:

I've always had both and don't even want to think about not having both. And for the most part my dogs and cats have liked each other too.

Cats. They're lazy and cool. Just like me.

Dogs bug me. They're too friendly.

:grumpy:

Seriously.

Bug said:
Roosters > Cats and dogs.

But, cats.

I had a pet rooster. Two actually, but the second one was a terror! The first one -- named Chickie Poo (yeah it was a silly name) -- was a really nice pet. :yes: I found him in one of the horses stalls one morning when I went out to feed them. He was just a baby chick (we think one of the dogs carried him home in her mouth because we saw her do that with another one soon after -- unfortunately the second one was snatched by the cat when Ingrid let it go :uhoh: ), so we raised him in a box and then a cage in the house. He would crow every morning to go outside and then every night he would come to the back door to hop up on one of our arms and be taken back inside to his cage where he would go to sleep. :)

A dog is for someone who likes an agreeable sweet relationship with no hiccups. A cat is for someone who likes a tumultuous awesome relationship with high risk and reward.

I love them both really.

A loyal dog is pure joy and a loyal cat is irreplaceable.

Last edited:
Cats simply because you don't have to walk them and they entertain themselves for the most part. I do like dogs though, but prefer cats!

I'm a cat lover for life, :) They're such gorgeous, graceful creatures.

I like dogs but don't think I'd want to have one, they have this "needy" side to them which I find a bit oppressive. I like cats because they're a bit more self-contained and can amuse themselves... although our cat always tries to climb on my knees for a bit of rub-behind-the-ears every time I come home, :)

Dogs. But large breeds with good endurance that I can have fun outdoors with.

I don't dislike cats, though. My grandmothers had them (more than one at a time, usually) but my Mom doesn't like them so we didn't have one growing up. I just find dogs to be better suited to my personality and there is a certain level of understanding in their eyes that I've not seen in a cat's eyes.

catproximityhg6.png

That's me.

Back
Top Bottom