Cats or Dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cats. But I respect the feelings of people who like dogs by just stating a preference and keeping it at that. :)

Usually it was always cats but i think i love cats and dogs equally now :love:

Dogs. We've got a black and white springer spaniel who's so cute :cute: but he's into his hundreds in dog years now so his quality of life isn't so good anymore :(

i am allergic to cats but kind of like them. the best cat i ever knew was my roommates siamese cat. she was so cool. if i could have one, that is what i would want. :shrug:

caron has a dog so i guess i am a dog person now.

Babydoll said:
petrified of dogs, adore cats! they are so cute :)

been scared of dogs ever since i can remember:(
Aww.. see, you need to meet my dog. She'd have you laughing at her in 5 minutes. She's the furthest thing from scary :lol:

I prefer dogs. I love cats too, but I can be quite allergic to them :(

I'm a big dog person, cant stand those small dogs, too much energy

here's my dog Sugar
DSC00681.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

indra said:
I like and have both. I've always had both cats and dogs and it still surprises me when people who like one don't like the other. Guess I've always seen the charms of both.

Currently I have 10 cats and two dogs.

Do you have a lot of property? I'd love to be like that. :wistful:
And do you find that your animals seem to get on ok enough anyway, as though they realise they're going to be there for a long time? We've had both cats and dogs at the same time before and while the cats have pretty much always ignored the dogs, the dogs have ever only shown interest in cats which are not ours but rather belong to neighbours or something. It's strange. but then you hear stories all the time of people's pets not getting on well and stuff. I've never had it. Surely it cant be dumb luck to get animals which are too lazy to be bothered?

:hmm:

Angela Harlem said:

Do you have a lot of property? I'd love to be like that. :wistful:
And do you find that your animals seem to get on ok enough anyway, as though they realise they're going to be there for a long time? We've had both cats and dogs at the same time before and while the cats have pretty much always ignored the dogs, the dogs have ever only shown interest in cats which are not ours but rather belong to neighbours or something. It's strange. but then you hear stories all the time of people's pets not getting on well and stuff. I've never had it. Surely it cant be dumb luck to get animals which are too lazy to be bothered?

:hmm:

I grew up on a farm, and until just this past September lived in a rural area with a decent amount of land. So yeah, there was always plenty of room for animals. I do still have a yard now (small though), and it works well for the dogs, but the cats have to stay in. I'm terrified that they may slip out and be squished. :(

I have a few cats who really like the dogs, and a few who pretty much steer clear of the dogs, but most of them just kind of ignore the dogs and do their own thing. I get most of my dogs as puppies and most of my cats as adults, so the cats tend to have an advantage over the dogs early on. Plus I almost always seem to have a cat who will smack the new puppy around a bit and let him or her know that cats aren't to be messed with! :)

My current larger dog (and he's only a bit over 50 lbs, so he isn't that large) is a blue heeler mix (his momma liked to jump out of her pen at inopportune times... :ohmy: ) and I've been told they can be notorious cat killers, so we were very careful not to allow him to play rough with the cats when he was growing up. And it seems to have worked because he is very good with the cats.

Growing up I always had dogs, but really wanted a cat. Well, once I got older I finally got a cat and I love her more than anything. :heart:

So, having owned both, I'd go with cats - way less work, and they can be just as, if not more so, affectionate. Plus, I think they're just a hell of a lot cuter. :cute:

I love both my girls, though.

My mom's beagle Nikki
346964%3A%3C7%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3DXROQDF%3E232367%3A%3A45%3A62ot1lsi

346964%3A%3B7%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3A43%3A9%3B5ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom