Catpower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
This has probably been mentioned before, but I have to say it, she is marvellous. AKA Chan Marshall, I first heard her - indeed heard OF her - when one of our radio stations here played her cover of the Strolling Bones' (I can't get no) Satisfaction. Wow. She turned it inside out, didn't even bother singing the chorus, and the way she sings 'can't you see/I'm on a losing streak' is just so aching it's irresistable.

Then with a little outside help I got my hands on her last two records Moonpix and What Would the Community Think. Again, wow. This is very personal music. The kind of music you can lose yourself in. But you can't ignore it. It worms its way into your skull at odd moments. I guess 'Southern Gothic' might be one way to describe it, but even that isn't really accurate. Still there is that sense of desolate towns and poverty-stricken lovers in trailer parks, working in diners. Have to say I'd recommend it.

The song Crossbones Style got a fair bit of airplay as a video on Rage here in Australia for a while, as well.

------------------
Yeah Mona Lisa's got the highway blues
you can tell by the way she smiles

[This message has been edited by Kieran McConville (edited 05-24-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom