Cate Blanchett to play Bob Dylan???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=476971&in_page_id=1773

cateblanSCOPE_468x394.jpg

Cate on the Left Bob on the Right.

You Cate believe who is playing Bob Dylan
Last updated at 15:20pm on 22nd August 2007

Comments

As the 'chameleon' of actors Cate Blanchett is used to adopting a number of guises.

From her breakthrough role as Elizabeth I - through to her Oscar-winning turn as Katharine Hepburn in The Aviator - she is as mesmerising playing historical figures as she is modern.

However her next role will surely outdo all the others when her performance inspired by legendary folk singer Bob Dylan hits the big screen.

Looking unrecognisable from her usual polished blonde self, Blanchett has donned a wig, shades and leather jacket - all black of course - to rival that of the Mr Tambourine Man's distinctive '60s look.

The woman who has played Elizabeth I and Katharine Hepburn is almost unrecognisable in her latest guise

There is of course the mandatory guitar, harmonica and cigarette close at hand to add to the air of authenticity.

The Australian actress, 38, is one of six actors including Heath Ledger, Richard Gere and up-and-coming British actor Ben Whishaw who will make an appearance as Dylan - each embodying a different aspect of his life story and music.

However Blanchett's casting is by far the most unconventional - and the usually unflappable actress said the prospect of it "terrified" her.

Blanchett told the Guardian: "I have always loved his (Dylan) music, but I'm terrified about this because I am besotted".

"I watched the press conference he gave in San Francisco in 1965, or whenever it was, and just think, 'I love you'.

I'm not There is the first biographical feature to win the approval of Dylan

Richard Gere and Heath Ledger also appear in the film - each embodying a different aspect of Dylan's life story and music

She added: "The worst thing an actor can do is fall in love with someone they're about to portray, but I'm not playing him - my character is called Jude.

"It's a riff on who Bob Dylan could possibly be. When I saw the script I thought, 'This is so out there I can't run away from this'."

'I'm Not There' will look at Dylan's early days as a struggling folk-singer, his rise to the forefront of the early '60s folk scene, the controversial switch to rock, the motorcycle accident and his subsequent retreat from public view.

As well as his latter day de-emphasis of recording and his concentration on the concert series known as the Never Ending Tour.

Yeah, this movie's coming out soon. The trailer's up on YouTube I bet.

Back
Top Bottom