Cat Stevens fans ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave: Does anyone like Cat Stevens here ? :(. I really hope U.S friends don´t swallow that s**t about links between Yusuf Islam ( Cat Stevens ) and terrorists :down:. I can´t hardly believe how U.S goverment and mass media create tails like Tuesday´s Dead song - they said that song inspired the terrorists to attack the Twin Towers on 2001 :coocoo: and several other s**t rumors just because Cat Stevens converted to Islam.

Talking about his music, he´s such an amazing songwriter and performer. His early 70´s albums rank among the best pieces of music I´ve ever had the pleasure to listen to. :heart:. Unknown masterpieces as "Ruins", "Katmandu", "Longer Boats", "Into White", "If I Laugh" or "How Can I Tell You" are really awesome.

Does anyone like Cat Stevens ?

Peace :wave:

i have bad memories of being forced to listen to "moon shadow" when i was a kid (or maybe it was just from my dad singing it, either way i associate bad things with cat stevens from that rather than any religious conversion), so that's caused me to hate cat stevens.

:wave: I'm a longtime Cat Stevens fan! :)

In fact, the first message board I ever joined was the Cat Stevens one! lol

"Katmandu" is one of my favorite tracks... so soothing. I love how simple his songs are, mostly just him and a guitar...

Where's my friggin RAY Stevens appreciation thread?

The Streak?! Gitarzan!!

Have your ears lived?!!

cujo said:
Where's my friggin RAY Stevens appreciation thread?

The Streak?! Gitarzan!!

Have your ears lived?!!

*Recalls some song about a possum/raccoon/skunk/squirrel getting loose in a church*

Ok, I remembered it while driving somewhere.

The day the squirrel went berserk in the First (something) Baptist Church...

It was a fight for survival that broke out in revival
They were jumpin' pews and shoutin' hallelujah!

That being said, I've liked what I've heard from Cat Stevens. :up: I watched his Behind the Music a long time ago. He has had an interesting life, and I respect him.

Last edited:
"Peace Train" has always been a favorite of mine, too. Cat Stevens rules, which ever religious donomination he belongs to!

BassTrap82 said:
Cat Stevens has his named turned into a fucking muslim name isn't?

We have a lot of trouble with this islamic folks in Holland you know! Bastards!

thats not cool......i'm muslim

I'm even offended.

And I'm Canadian.

I'm not quite sure what that means, but it's gotta be something.

BassTrap82 said:
Cat Stevens has his named turned into a fucking muslim name isn't?

We have a lot of trouble with this islamic folks in Holland you know! Bastards!
this comment was way out of line. it is against forum policy to personally attack someone. please refrain from making such comments in the future. thanks! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom