Cat questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYbrowneyedgirl

Acrobat
I know a lot of you own cats, so I thought I would ask my questions here. I don't have a cat, but I am watching one at my house, for some friends while they are away. She has been here before so she is familiar with the house. She is a really good cat, however the last two nights she has been up meowing very loud most of the night making it difficult for us to sleep.

It seems as though as soon as we go to bed, she starts crying like a baby, and it is extremely loud. She has the run of the house, so she will go from room to room, just meowing at the top of her lungs. A few times I shut my bedroom door to try and muffle her out, but she would end up scratching at the door.

This goes on for most of the night. She has food, water, kitty litter and cat toys. I am not sure if she's doing it because she is in a different place and misses her home or if somethings wrong with her.

We really enjoy having this cat over, my kids and I love her, but these last two nights have been hard. We all have to get up early to go to work/school.

Any suggestions, information that I can get will greatly be appreciated!

Attachments

• katiecat2.jpg
    katiecat2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 95
omg what a gorgeous cat!! :love:

I would probably think that yes she is either, missing her family, or gets bored when you guys go to bed.

Try playing with her very hard before you go to bed.. just get her all tired so that hopefully she will sleep at night instead of keeping you up.

You could also have an interactive toy or two available (one that she can play with by herself) so that she can entertain herself while you are asleep.

Saki gets a wild hair up his butt at like 2 am and runs around the house at lightening speeds bellowing "BBRRRR ROWWW!! MEOWWRRR! ROWWW!!" Then proceeds to run across my face like 5 times.

Freaks :angry: :lol:

Thanks, we will definately play more with her tonight. I guess she probably is just homesick, hopefully she will adjust, we are going to have her for two weeks!

Just curious, her family did not want to keep her at home and just have someone (you) come check on her feed her/etc? Normally they do better in their own/familiar environment but may get lonely.

dipster, i'm not going to be of any help. i just want your cat.

I have a cat problem too these days...2 cats, 1 very large older male cat who weighs like 22 lbs and 1 younger female little scaredy cat...anyway..we have just listed out place for sale and because we have a rooftop terrace and the cats can run away, we have to put them in cage so that when realtor shows property we dont lose the cats.

Problem is they dont like us very much anymore...giving extra pets and treats only works short term..poor kitties..hopefully place sells soon and we dont have to do that anymore.

Re: Re: Cat questions

ewen said:
dipster, i'm not going to be of any help. i just want your cat.

:yes: She is a cutie, but she's not mine. I've told my friends many times, that if they find their cat missing some day, that we've probably catnapped her! She is a Korat breed, they paid a ton of money for her. So I do get nervous about anything ever happening to her when we are watching her.

lucky charms said:
I have a cat problem too these days...2 cats, 1 very large older male cat who weighs like 22 lbs and 1 younger female little scaredy cat...anyway..we have just listed out place for sale and because we have a rooftop terrace and the cats can run away, we have to put them in cage so that when realtor shows property we dont lose the cats.

Problem is they dont like us very much anymore...giving extra pets and treats only works short term..poor kitties..hopefully place sells soon and we dont have to do that anymore.

Can you put them in a small room instead when they are showing the place?

Sicy said:
Just curious, her family did not want to keep her at home and just have someone (you) come check on her feed her/etc? Normally they do better in their own/familiar environment but may get lonely.

They never suggested that, I guess they thought it would be easier for us if she was in our home. We do enjoy having her at home, she is a very playfull and loving cat, and we don't have any other pets. I just hope she will settle down at night.

I wonder if she's in heat? They tend to squall like babies when that happens. I had a Siamese cat who sounded just like a baby crying--she was an older cat when she came to us--so I wasn't sure if she had been fixed--well she hadn't.

Bono's Doll said:
I wonder if she's in heat? They tend to squall like babies when that happens. I had a Siamese cat who sounded just like a baby crying--she was an older cat when she came to us--so I wasn't sure if she had been fixed--well she hadn't.

I never thought of that, she has been fixed, so I assume she doesn't go in heat anymore?

Some cats are just more talkative than others--maybe that's all it is. She probably sleeps all day & is ready for action at night. My two cats are so lazy--I think they get tired from sleeping so much and have to take naps to make up for it. :wink:

Sicy said:

Can you put them in a small room instead when they are showing the place?

We have 2 bedrooms and we tried putting them in one of the rooms with their litter and food and such, but when agent came to show the place, opened the door and big surprise, scared the people have to death when they raced out, then they didnt want to open the door to terrace for fear of cats..plus the odour in the room when the door is closed from the cat litter and such is quite strong with no windows open and cant have the windows open right now because it is raining like a dickens...

Whenever I want my cat to chill out I give him his catnip toy. He rubs all over it and then falls asleep. Just make sure it's a safe toy, the simpler the better--i.e., just basic fabric stuffed with catnip, no little beads or anything that can come off possibly choking kitty.

Beautiful cat. Good luck!

my boy:
7aead958d623.jpg

dipster said:
I never thought of that, she has been fixed, so I assume she doesn't go in heat anymore?

No once they are fixed they do not go into heat.

I agree with Bono's Doll that some are just more vocal than others. Plus, cats are nocturnal animals. Sleeep all day party at night :wink:

lucky charms said:
We have 2 bedrooms and we tried putting them in one of the rooms with their litter and food and such, but when agent came to show the place, opened the door and big surprise, scared the people have to death when they raced out, then they didnt want to open the door to terrace for fear of cats..plus the odour in the room when the door is closed from the cat litter and such is quite strong with no windows open and cant have the windows open right now because it is raining like a dickens...

What about a bathroom? Is it absolutely necessary to show the bathroom? :hmm: I hope they are not in the crates for very long periods at a time. Cats dont like to be confined to such a small space for long periods of time.

Oh yes, catnip, I have an herb garden and have catnip in it--my cats rub in it & get "stoned." But like I said they are lazy any way. I call them Nipheads.

Here's a funny one of Zoey with her nip sack

zoeynip.jpg

And Saki with his nip snake :wink:

sakisnake5.jpg

They are so sweet, Sicy---little angels in fur coats. I also have a Corgi--who is a cat herder. My house is like a zoo.

Awww I should have sent you some catnip! I just sent your kitty care package today :wink:

Sicy - your cats are precious!! I have to go get some of that nip for my brooks, sounds like good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom