Cat questions - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #46
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Did you play with her n stuff before bed? Didnt work? I cant imagine she would howl alll night. Saki will usually do it for a little while then get tired of it and go lay down.
We tried to get her to play, but she was not interested, she was awake, just laying around. I'm starting to think she is depressed, homesick or maybe just not feeling well. She's never been like this before, hopefully it won't last long.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dipster

We tried to get her to play, but she was not interested, she was awake, just laying around. I'm starting to think she is depressed, homesick or maybe just not feeling well. She's never been like this before, hopefully it won't last long.
Poor kitty, she is probably wondering what happened to "her" people and her stuff. I hope, for her sake and your's, that she is able to relax and enjoy her surroundings while she is there.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #48
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:54 AM
You said 'she'...is this kitty spayed? I had a kitty years ago that would do that thinking she was going to annoy me into letting her out at night when she was in heat...about 3am. She would bawl at the door and it sounded soooo real..like she was yelling "ma I want ouuuuutttttt.."
All I did was walk into the room and tell her she was NOT going to get romped tonight under my bedroom window and to go to bed..NOW! She would flip her tail at me and march to her bed and sleep.

Try a little catnip or kitty grass...see if that helps her unwind.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #49
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:54 AM
I think dipster did say kitty was fixed.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #50
War Child

Quote:
There are also natural products that you can buy that are supposed to calm your cat in stressful situations. One is Feliway, which you can get at any pet store (you're supposed to spray it in their cat carrier 15 minutes before you take them to the vet) and the other is Rescue Remedy (which you can put a few drops in their food or water, or actually rub them down lightly with it). I tried both with Saki when I took him to the vet but he was still freaked out. May work for different cats though. Good luck!
Just wanted to give you an update ;-) Brooks is fine, I called the vet and they said to go ahead and give her the 1/4 kitty valium before the appt. and she would be fine, they said it would take the edge off. HA! I don't think it even phased her at all. They ended up having to put a towel over her, and the vet assistant had to hold her down so she could get her shots
Brooks cried and hissed the entire time, so once again, no checkup for the heart or lungs. But the vet did say that her coat looked good and shiny and her eyes were clear.
Thanks again for all the info - was not ever able to find a mobile vet, seems like such a wonderful idea, we need them here!
Thanks~
Old 05-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #51
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Aww that's too bad you couldnt get the readings for Brooks.

Well, I also admin on a kitty forum if anyone has cat questions or just want to babble about your cat there are tons of cat nerds there.. and even 2 vet techs

http://p203.ezboard.com/bkittyhaven
Old 05-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by egyptluvr

They ended up having to put a towel over her, and the vet assistant had to hold her down so she could get her shots
We had to put one of my cats in "the cat bag" at the vet once he was sooo very upset and fought so hard. And he still managed to get partway out of it. That was a fun vet visit. Strangely he's great at the vet now, but he can go off his little rocker when he's scared.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #53
War Child

Quote:
Aww that's too bad you couldnt get the readings for Brooks.

Well, I also admin on a kitty forum if anyone has cat questions or just want to babble about your cat there are tons of cat nerds there.. and even 2 vet techs

http://p203.ezboard.com/bkittyhaven
Yeah, it stinks that she can't get the real check-up, but hey what can we do?!
Cool, I'll totally check it out!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #54
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

We had to put one of my cats in "the cat bag" at the vet once he was sooo very upset and fought so hard. And he still managed to get partway out of it. That was a fun vet visit. Strangely he's great at the vet now, but he can go off his little rocker when he's scared.
Cat bag, eh Sounds scarier than the towel! It totally stresses me out to see them freak out like that! Strange that he is alright at the vet now?....I wish mine would grow out of it. Hopefully someday it will happen. We have been saying that maybe she will get better when she is older, but it has been 6 years already, and it is not getting any better
Old 05-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #55
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

They make this thing called a 'kitty burrito' I think its kittyburrito.com but I cant imagine even trying to get one of my cats in it, let alone have them be calm once in it lol.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:54 AM
i do the burrito thing all the time with pippin when i trim her nails. otherwise i'd get bitchsmacked.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:04 AM   #57
War Child

That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen!! They say one single person can get a cat in it, HA - they have never seen mine