Cat language translator! Meowlingual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
For all those cat-lovers out there. Now you can know what your kitty is really saying to you. :sexywink:

story here

After selling 300,000 pet-lovers on the Bowlingual gadget that supposedly translates a dog's bark into human language, a toymaker hopes to parlay that success into a new hit product: Meowlingual.

The cat-shaped machine set to go on sale in Japan in November translates meows and purrs into human phrases such as "I can't stand it," although exact wording hasn't been decided yet, Tokyo-based Takara Co. said Wednesday.

The translation device will likely sell for about $74, slightly cheaper than the $125 Bowlingual, which has been a big hit in Japan.

Both gadgets use scientific data on animal sounds from a Tokyo laboratory that also analyzes human voices, helps solve crime and takes part in designing software for mobile phones.

Takara plans to start selling Bowlingual in the United States in August. Overseas sales plans for Meowlingual are still undecided.

"Cats are smaller and more finicky than dogs so we had to change the design a little," Takara spokeswoman Maiko Hasumi said.

The feline version won't strap on the collar as does the Bowlingual, and a person must hold the microphone in the machine up to the cat's mouth and hope it says something, she said.

In case your cat's not in the mood, the machine will have "playful features," such as a horoscope reading for cat lovers, she said.

1058459216.3556909135.jpg

haha, I don't think I need anyone to translate that cat's feelings. :lol:

If that little miaowlingual device makes electronic beeping sounds (as it undoubtably will) then my cat will probably have it chewed to pieces in a matter of days. She goes nuts and tries to bite my mobile phone (and me, for that matter) when it starts to ring.

lol.. this is all over the cat forums I visit :D

It would be fun to try but I can hardly see how it can be accurate.

cats = :coocoo: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom