Carlos Beltran signs with the New York Mets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from ESPN.com

Indeed, people close to Steinbrenner insist he was just playing rope-a-dope with Boras, and, luxury tax concerns aside, was nevertheless planning to out-bid the planet in the coming days. The Boss never got the chance. No one envisioned the Mets taking advantage of the after-hours window of opportunity.

mike cameron is a douche... in november, when the odds of the mets getting carlos beltran were about 500 to 1, cameron says that he'd have no problem moving to right field if the mets were to get beltran.

well low and behold, the mets actually get him, and now cameron, shocked that they pulled it off, wants to be traded. what a douche.

eF him... trade him for some bullpen help, sign delgado, bring up the kid diaz to play rightfield.

ummmm...

beltranrandolph.jpg

Gee if Steinbrenner knew Bernie had become Mets' manager, he could have signed Beltran cause now he needs a centerfielder...maybe he can trade for Cameron.

Mike Cameron for Survivor all-stars runner up "Boston" Rob Mariano...the Boss says its a done deal, he'll even throw in a calzone.

Clearly the Mets have made the biggest splashes so far this off season in the NL, and probably in MLB as a whole...2 words for them however...bull...pen.
If I were a Mets fan, that'd be my biggest concern right now.

You throw Heathcliff Slocumb in there and you've got yourself a fine feline bullpen.

But seriously, Pedro is a 6 inning pitcher most nights these days, you need a quality set up guy and closer with him as your ace...I don't believe the Mets currently have either.

Mike Piazza, the Mets' All-Star bachelor and backstop, is getting married next weekend, sources confirmed Wednesday. Piazza will wed longtime girlfriend Alicia Rickter, a former Playboy Playmate and "Baywatch" actress, on Jan. 29 in Miami, where the future Hall of Famer owns a condo in South Beach. :shifty:

Piazza has been especially tight-lipped about his pending nuptials, and the Mets' catcher:shifty: could not be reached for comment yesterday. Among the guests, however, will be former Mets teammates Al Leiter and John Franco, as well as the club's popular equipment manager, Charlie Samuels. No other club officials are expected to attend the ceremony, which reportedly will be limited to a small group of family and friends.

Piazza was a regular club-goer in his bachelor days, and had a famous fling with another Playmate, Darlene Bernaola, before eventually settling down with Rickter. Despite his sightings with numerous women, Piazza was besieged by rumors that he was gay, and felt compelled to hold an impromptu new conference in 2002 before a game against the Phillies at Veterans Stadium when he was assumed to be the subject of a newspaper rumor suggesting he was gay.

Standing in the middle of reporters, Piazza flatly stated, "I'm not gay," adding, "The truth is that I'm heterosexual and date women." :shifty:

Hewson said:

But seriously, Pedro is a 6 inning pitcher most nights these days, you need a quality set up guy and closer with him as your ace...I don't believe the Mets currently have either.
Have I told you that my middle name is "Nostradamus"?

Back
Top Bottom