Cardinals vs Houston Pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Here's a thread for the series nobody cares about, or at least the media. The Yankees/Red sox is a great series and all, but sometimes enough is enough, there is another series going on.

It should be a great series too, I'm damn scared of the Astro's, but luckily their pitching rotation is meessed up.

They have to go with a rookie pitcher with a road era over 6 on 3 days rest in game 1, then a very bad Munro in game 2. The Cardinals better win both or else they could be in trouble.

I predict the Cardinals in 6.

seriously

the lack of respect the astors-cards series is getting is sickening, sickening i tell ya

Roger Clemens is the Antichrist. No reasonable person can dispute this.

im saying st louis in 5. all the cardinals have to do is get into houstons bullpen. it's sub par at best.

yeah but theyll throw lidge out there in the 7th inning

and he's a beast

it's been a long time since the cardinals even won game one of the NLCS too...1987 when they won 5-3 over 'frisco...they lost game 1 in 96,00,02

good, let them throw lidge out in the 7th inning

the more the cardinals get to see him, the better they'll become against him, and he'll become fatigued

if they have to pitch him 7-9 in multiple games, theres no way houston will win

it could

but the cardinals also lost darryl kile in 2002, who was still on their team, and wound up losing in the nlcs. but that of course happened in june, whereas cam just died a few days ago.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well they sure weren't gonna put the yankees-red sox on at 4:00, and i guess they didn't think it fair to have the astros & cardinals on at 4:00 every day either. :shrug: who knows... but leave it to selig to screw it up.

Oh yeah, I hear there's also some sort of debate going on tonight as well.

don't underestimate the emotion factor... a lot of those guys on the astros just lost their best friend... that can push a team in one of two different directions... they can either tank, or play their f'ing asses off like they've never played before, with a renewed sense of mission.

I dunno. I don't think it matters much. It always seemed to me that pro athletes step out onto the field/court/whatever and forget the rest of the outside world while they're playing.

that no one will be watching

Maybe Fox will provide a transcript of the debate at the bottom of the screen during the games. Remember when the Oscars went up against Game 7 a few years ago?

BOS 0 NYY 0 TOP 3RD...BUSH CALLS KERRY "DANGEROUSLY INDECISIVE"...KERRY SLAMS BUSH'S HANDLING OF WAR AS "SHORT-SIGHTED"...

Last edited:
I'm going w/ Houston in 7 games. Clemens/Oswalt better than St Louis aces (williams, suppan, whoever)...

Carlos Beltran, if he continues to produce like he did this season and especially in the first round of the playoffs...Can you say Cha Ching in the free agent market this off season?

clemens/oswalt wont even be toeing the rubber until games 3 and 4...and by then it could be all over.

backe, munro, rest, clemens, oswalt, backe, rest, clemens, oswalt...so if it does go to 7 games, both clemens and oswalt will be pitching on 3 days rest in games 6 and 7 should houston get that far and not start backe or munro...and theres no way they'll win that way, none

Numb1075 said:
I'm going w/ Houston in 7 games. Clemens/Oswalt better than St Louis aces (williams, suppan, whoever)...

Clemens/Oswalt are slated for games 3 and 4...Oswalt won't get a second start unless it's on short rest.

its really sort of sad that this series really isn't getting any attention when the winner (likely the cards) will end up winning the world series

StlElevation said:
its really sort of sad that this series really isn't getting any attention when the winner (likely the cards) will end up winning the world series

Hey, I didn't say your name. You're not allowed to talk. *whack*

i understand that the Big 2 for Houston won't be starting the earlier games. But remember, Houston was dead in the water 2 months ago and have been clicking on all cylinders since then. And they haven't done it with just Oswalt/Clemens. the other guys held their own also. Backe/Munro don't need to be perfect considering they have lots of big bats in their line up (I understand the cards line up is even deeper) but Backe/Munroe can potentially give up 5 runs in 7 innings and still give the Killer Bs a shot.

We shall see.

well whaddya know, some publicity!

astroscards.jpg

you know what really blows?

i dont even get the cardinals game on tv.

theyre supposed to have it on my local FSN and the yanks/sawx on fox, but instead... i get pre season NBA on local FSN...sigh

StlElevation said:
you know what really blows?

i dont even get the cardinals game on tv.

theyre supposed to have it on my local FSN and the yanks/sawx on fox, but instead... i get pre season NBA on local FSN...sigh

You've got to be kidding. Have you gone through all of your channels? That's ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom