Car stereo question/problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I have a weird question/problem. I recently bought new Infinity speakers for my car. They're supposedly great speakers, and they do sound great. The only problem is that for some reason the sound levels seem screwy on them on some CDs. For example, the guitar on many CDs seems really pushed into the background, and other production in the song is pushed out loudly. It's really annoying because the driving point of a lot of songs is the guitar, and it's a bummer to not be able to hear what you're supposed to be hearing as well as you'd like.

Any clues on what's going wrong? Any clues on how to solve this? My old stock speakers were crap, but the levels were right. I've messed with the bass and treble, pushed it more towards the front or back, and I cant get it right. Is it my CD deck (it's 3 or 4 years old, and was pretty low end. Sounded fine on the old stock speakers though), were the speakers wired/set up wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Last edited:
Circuit City installed them....

How can I check such a thing? When I flip it more to the left or right, it works correctly. Is that what you're asking? You must tell me. I cant read your mind, Brau. I'd like to, but I'm scared at what types of things I'd find out. That being said, I do want to know how to check this.

Here's the easiest way to check the L/R set-up.
Play Zoo Station on the stereo. The distorted guitar thingy at the intro should come out of the left speakers. If it's coming out of both, or you don't hear it at all, then the signal is messed up, and will need to be rewired.

You can do the same thing with "Wild Horses." The distorted guitar is in the left channel, and the violin is in the right. If you're getting guitar in both L/R, or Violin in L/R, same problem as above.

Re: Re: Car stereo question/problem

IWasBored said:

only one? :wink:

:mad:

:wink:

Thanks, BrauBrau. I will chickidy check it out. Hopefully CC will actually fix it if that's the problem....

MrBrau,

I checked the left/right channel setup. It was coming out of the correct speakers as you directed on the songs you mentioned.

It's weird, the guitar just seems really quiet on some stuff, it really pumps the voice out loud. Then other CDs seem fine. I dont get it.

u2popmofo said:
MrBrau,

I checked the left/right channel setup. It was coming out of the correct speakers as you directed on the songs you mentioned.

It's weird, the guitar just seems really quiet on some stuff, it really pumps the voice out loud. Then other CDs seem fine. I dont get it.

Hmm. I dunno what the problem could be. I'll stop by your place around 9am and check it out. Put some beers in the fridge.:wink:

I may just be crazy. I'm going to mess with the levels again, I think the outside sound from driving on the freeway and in traffic drowns out some of the things i'm wanting to hear. Anyways, I think it will all be ok.

Back
Top Bottom