car insurance commercials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cynica

The Fly
What’s your favorite car insurance gimmick? The talking gecko? The gruff cowboy? What makes you feel the most automotive safety?

I like the new one from Mercury (www.mercurytheory.com). If you haven’t seen it they are making the claim that the owners of Mercury are from Mercury and they’ve got all the corroborative evidence including a 10X magnification of burnt toast (check out the slides) that proves everything. Makes me chuckle.

I like the Geico one where at the end, the guy says, "And this is an aside to the people of Grand Rapids: I didn't know that was meat loaf." (b/c everyone around here is Dutch, and we really overcook meat loaf). I thought it was so dumb until I was watching TV on vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama and the same commercial aired...nowhere near Grand Rapids, Michigan :shifty:

bono_212 said:
I like every geico commercial except the gecko :lol: No idea why

Yeah, I like the ones with the cavemen much better. Though I do like the one where the gecko is aware that he's a gimmick. I think my favorite is the Mercury one where the "UFO expert" is convinced that he's found evidence in the backwoods of some hick state, and he meets said hick and the guy shows him the "alien" and the ufo expert is like "That's an armadillo".

Allstate Insurance, with the guy who played President Palmer on 24. The people who blog about "24" on the Dave Barry Blog actually call him "President Allstate Insurance" :lmao: :lmao:

They all are horrible.

Allstate is my favorite because it doesn't pretend to be funny.

Back
Top Bottom