Canadian love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead Interesting U2 fans are bashing Canadian music...there's a whole blurb on the great writers we've produced in Bill Flanagan's "Until the End of the World" (mentionning Leonard Cohen, Joni Mithchell, Bruce Colburn, Neil Young)

...and nobody bashed anyone you mentioned. sheesh. celine dion still sucks. that's not "bashing Canadian music", at least not from me.
did you mean Bruce Cockburn btw? :eyebrow:

(christ, Canadians are bashing a Canadian band I as an American happen to like a lot! :D LOL....)

and as a final comment, in the words of a short guy from Dublin... "The world needs more Canada." :yes:

Basstrap said:

i'm sorry, but I find that really sad

Maybe, maybe not.
I'm not familiar with some of the other bands that are mentionned here so sorry if my canadian band of choice isn't hip enough.

p.s.: Wolfeden - actually I was referring to the comment about Canada producing the worst music per capita. But now that I re-read it, I see it was the worst "mainstream" music so I take it back. And yes, I meant Cockburn, oops!

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:

Maybe, maybe not.
I'm not familiar with some of the other bands that are mentionned here so sorry if my canadian band of choice isn't hip enough.

no no...nothing to do with elitism
I've just always found that matt good has two melodies and he just reuses them everytime (apparitions, Everything is Automatic)
I think he is a respectable artist, but it is just my opinion that almost every other bands mentioned in this thread is better.

but that is my opinion and I should not have acted so smarmy. I hate elitism, sometimes I worry I will turn into a snob.
sorry

(it's very easy)

ladywithspinninghead said:

I'm not quite sure who this is directed at??

griffiths!

but, now that I think of it, you[ve been scarce as well

Back
Top Bottom