Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, good call. Though I think the charm of some of the early stuff is Bono's wildly untrained vocals.

OK, I'm going to play Boots this time around. I didn't initially. Want to see how it fits in the album. Still not sold on placing that big opening riff right after Crazy Tonight.

The Crazy Tonight--->Sexy Boots segue sucks, but Sexy Boots--->Stand Up Comedy is very logical.

Did I mention that Breathe kicks ass? I think I'm tearing up a bit.

So I think one of my main problems with GOYB is how the main guitar riff lacks all treble. It doesn't cut through at all.

Haha, good call. Though I think the charm of some of the early stuff is Bono's wildly untrained vocals.

OK, I'm going to play Boots this time around. I didn't initially. Want to see how it fits in the album. Still not sold on placing that big opening riff right after Crazy Tonight.
oh, agreed. there's one of the early demos i'm thinking of in particular, but since i have goyb in my head right now, i can't think of which demo it is.

:hmm: right now i think it fits in okay enough, i suppose.

Did I mention that Breathe kicks ass? I think I'm tearing up a bit.

From my first listen, I actually rank that in the lower half of songs from the album. But I still like it for sure. Edge's solo tears it up.

Boots --> Comedy definitely works as a good segue. I feel like Boots should've been after NLOTH though.

Wait, why the hell am I re-tracklisting this thing already? Silly Axver.

:enjoys the ride:

So this thing's leaked has it? When is it actually on sale?

Well, the copy we're listening to, some of us actually bought from GetMusic, since Universal Australia fucked up and put it on sale for a bit. They've taken it down now, but it's a bit too bloody late for that!

I've really been looking forward to Cedars. If this song ends the album on a good note, that will be huge for me.

Thanks Khan!

Ok, I think I'll head away now until the excitement's subsided and I've had a good, level-headed listen, then I'll report back with a review.

Well, the copy we're listening to, some of us actually bought from GetMusic, since Universal Australia fucked up and put it on sale for a bit. They've taken it down now, but it's a bit too bloody late for that!

Oh OK, but when's the actual CD thingy on sale? I like to play the CD in the car and read the liner notes at traffic lights....

With one song to go, I'd place it about 8th out of 12.

Not bad for a bunch of lying, greedy old fucks.

On the basis of one and a half listens, I'm going to slot it in right at halfway in my rankings. Below Pop, above War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom