Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dislike it.... It's alright. Just not the great song I was expecting....

I don't dislike it.... It's alright. Just not the great song I was expecting....

I wasn't expecting much simply because the hype was so ridiculous. I knew MOS couldn't possibly live up to that.

I enjoy it. But there are better tracks here.

I'm going to be so pissed about this tomorrow.

I'm so amused, given the 10 billion no-leak threads. They did exactly what I would've done, which leaves me feeling pretty satisfied about nobody noticing.

For those who don't dig Unknown Caller after the first three minutes, just wait. The ending is incredible.

I wasn't expecting much simply because the hype was so ridiculous. I knew MOS couldn't possibly live up to that.

I enjoy it. But there are better tracks here.

This. SYCMIOYO was hyped so fucking much as being the most meaningful Bono lyric ever and we all saw what happened there. And I definitely don't think MOS is indescribable brilliance. But oh man, the atmosphere, the atmosphere! You, I'm sure, know how well that sort of thing would go down for me.

Love the line in Unknown Caller about "I'd driven to the scene of the accident and sat there waiting for me". It's a tenuous link, but New Dawn Fades is my favourite Joy Division song and I can't help thinking of its climax at "it was me, waiting for me".

The "oh-oh-oh-oh"s of Unknown Caller will be huge live with the crowd singing along.

For those who don't dig Unknown Caller after the first three minutes, just wait. The ending is incredible.

OH GOD I KNOW.

I'm listening to that bit right now. I loved the intro and end first time around, and now I'm enjoying the parts in between a fair deal too.

Total WTF falsetto at the start of Crazy Tonight's first verse, but I think I don't mind it.

The "oh-oh-oh-oh"s of Unknown Caller will be huge live with the crowd singing along.

I am sincerely wondering how they'll pull some of this album off live. It's not going to be as easy as the last two albums.

Total WTF falsetto at the start of Crazy Tonight's first verse, but I think I don't mind it.

I am sincerely wondering how they'll pull some of this album off live. It's not going to be as easy as the last two albums.

Didn't you hear? Eno and Lanois are going on tour with them. :giggle:

White As Snow is pretty. Kind of Heartlandish at the beginning.
oooh :drool:

i'm scared i'll like it.
ha, same here.

yeah, the falsetto is very wtf but so far, the song's good. besides, if i hated a song of theirs simply because bono flubbed a note, i couldn't like much of their earlier stuff.

Oh man, Breathe's intro. Breathe's everything. Dear God. Classic.

/2004 Axver

No, seriously it's fantastic though.

yeah, the falsetto is very wtf but so far, the song's good. besides, if i hated a song of theirs simply because bono flubbed a note, i couldn't like much of their earlier stuff.

Haha, good call. Though I think the charm of some of the early stuff is Bono's wildly untrained vocals.

OK, I'm going to play Boots this time around. I didn't initially. Want to see how it fits in the album. Still not sold on placing that big opening riff right after Crazy Tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom