Canada, oh Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I just wanted to say that I love Canada today. The embassy is having a reception here with Tim Hortons coffee and really good muffins and juice and giving out all kinds of little free Canadian things and there's a mountie (sp?) and in a little bit they're going to have free alcohol and lunchy stuff and Canadians are so nice and have funny accents. :heart:

yeah, I poke fun at certain Canadians on this board at times and I shouldnt, please forgive me all.
but they do have funny accents I must agree, (whats that aboot)

maybe a resident canuck can explain to me the country's obsession with curling........???

i promise never to make fun of Canadians again, except bear.....:wink:

lol, ill try...

martin st. louis or vincent lecavelier (i didnt watch the game, i took a nap and i woke up when it was over) for tamba bay...

as for ottawa...martin havlat maybe? i totally forget the all star roster, sorry.

meeganie, canada started a HUGE awareness campaign in the us today, i saw on the news yesterday. its goal is to show the americans that we are their number one alli in both militairy and trade affairs. the government in canada is getting some heat for it, cause as you can imagine this is quite an expensive campaign.

your job interests me, have you described it in great detail anywhere, meeganie?

Elvis Presley said:
yeah, I poke fun at certain Canadians on this board at times and I shouldnt, please forgive me all.
but they do have funny accents I must agree, (whats that aboot)

maybe a resident canuck can explain to me the country's obsession with curling........???

i promise never to make fun of Canadians again, except bear.....:wink:

cause were good at it. :wink:

Flag Pole Pear said:

meeganie, canada started a HUGE awareness campaign in the us today, i saw on the news yesterday. its goal is to show the americans that we are their number one alli in both militairy and trade affairs. the government in canada is getting some heat for it, cause as you can imagine this is quite an expensive campaign.

your job interests me, have you described it in great detail anywhere, meeganie?

LOL! Most of the stuff they gave us was military and trade info. Thanks to Canada for spending your money to supply me with free breakfast and lunch! :wave:

As for my job, I don't think I've described it in great detail anywhere. Half the time, I forget all the stuff I do. :reject:

I like Canada.

I go there every two weeks and look at stuff.

The only question, is why do you all find it necessary to put "Canada" or "Can" in all your product names?

Canada Dry
Canada Tire

etc.

Everywhere you look there the flag or the name is in your products. Is it pride or insecurity???

hmmm

I like Canadians tho - nice people, funny accents...

i loveth Canada. :heart:
Here at the place I am living in Switzerland, there are lots of Canadians. And I get made fun of by the Americans because I tend to pronounce some of my words in a Canadian way. What's that all abOUt, eh? :huh: ;) in fact, kobesan anointed me the status of "honorary Canadian" sometime last year and I wear it proudly.

I want to go to Montreal. I think this new campaign needs to provide a free trip to Canada for me so I can see more clearly understand our diplomatic relationship with Canada.

I :heart: Canada too. :sexywink:

... but, just to let you Americans know, there is a lot more to Canada than the East. The West Coast is where it's at. Which is pretty dumb of me to say seeing as though I am moving to Montreal. :huh:
Mounties and Tim Hortons :lmao: Did they have any stuffed Beavers? :ohmy: That sounded bad...........

I will NEVER understand this accent thing. Really and truly! "aboat" maybe "aboot" no way. :huh:

But this is a very nice thread! :heart:

I now only purchase Tim Horton's coffee for my coffee maker at home, it truly is the best! :yes:

Oh, and April, nevermind the hockey players, we have this one figure skater (forget his name right now) but he looks like Tom Cruise on skates! :drool:

I wish they had beavers!! They had squishy mooses, but there weren't any left for me. I got Smarties (three boxes :shifty: ) and another type of candy bar, though. And the lunch was SOOOOOO good. Seafood, elk, something from Quebec which was like quiche but with meat, Canadian ketchup, cheese, and salad with the best vinegrette dressing. And then wine and Canadian beer. I SO want them to do a trip to Canada so I can go for free, because after September, it's going to be really expensive for me to fly there since I'll be in England.

Smarties....... :drool: I used to send my friend in Virginia smarties all the time! lol

I agree Mrs. Edge, this is a sweet thread, but what's up with the accents? :scratch: YOU guys have accents! Tons of different accents. The only Canadian accents I have ever slightly noticed are the Newfies and Ontarians. (Northern Ontarians speak with real bad grammar and Newfies have a messed up Irish type accent). Then there are the Red Neckie Prairie accents. The people who speak like Bob & Doug. :lol: Ok... I'll stop now before my fellow Canadians kick my ass.

:| I was going to post a pic of Vincent for April but I can't find any. :shrug:

Last edited:
Smarties like these?

smarties.jpg

We have those here too.

those aren't smarties daisybean, those are rockets!

Yes! what meg posted.

awesome

by the way, I went to Montreal to see U2 a couple years ago and if there is any one city I would LOVE to live in within Canada it IS Montreal. Beautiful, diverese, interesting...everything

St.john's is cool too ;)

I always find it funny that deathbear knows so much aboooot hockey

Tim HOrtons is the best EVER

That sounds so fun!! I :heart: good receptions...

I totally want to see montreal too...I think it'd be amazing. It looks that way in movies anyway... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom