Can you say Phil Jackson?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
CLEVELAND (AP) -- Paul Silas was fired as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday with his team fighting for a playoff spot after being in first place earlier in the year.

Silas told The Associated Press he was called in Monday morning for a brief meeting with general manager Jim Paxson and new owner Dan Gilbert.

``They released me,'' Silas said. ``They didn't think the team was performing as well as it should be and they wanted to make a change.''

Despite having league superstar LeBron James, the Cavaliers have struggled since the All-Star break, losing nine of 12 and nine straight road games, including Sunday's 105-98 loss to Toronto when James scored a franchise-record 56.

Silas said he was not given a detailed explanation of why he was fired, but there have been issues over the last few weeks that have resulted in the Cavaliers' slide after they went into the All-Star break 30-21.

phil will go where the mega star that can win him a championship is

the teams looking for coaches next season...

cleveland... young team with budding legend in lebron
new york... suckful team with no cap space and no stars
los angeles... ummm been there done that got the book describing what an a-hole kobe is
minnesota... veteran team with superstar garnett and no cap room

if phil wants to coach, he'll go to either cleveland or minnesota... if i was the zen master, i'd go with cleveland in a heartbeat.

I say Flip Saunders, he is from Cleveland and I they said on ESPN he has connections with the Cavs franchise.

Hewson said:
Flip has a cooler nickname.

good point....i dont think they should have fired silas. Jackson wont take the reigns, not unless they get another big free agent in the off season.

hard to see Lebron's game matching well with the triangle....but, if anyone can make him even a better player, trust that guy with all those rings on his fingers.

the triangle offense is simply an offense... only players who can't hide their huge ego's can't play in it... i.e. kobe bryant.

shaq thrived in it... michael jordan thrived in it... two completely different yet equally dominant players. the talking heads on around the horn and sportscenter who think it's some magical voo doo system that only certain types of players can thrive in have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

fact of the matter is most basic offensive sets involve some form of power triangle. it's not as complex as people make it out to be. it's just that egocentric prima donna's who want to shoot the ball every time it touches their hands don't like it... and that's certainly a description you can't use on lebron.

lebron would not only fit well in the triangle, he would excell in it.

and like you said... hard to argue with a guy who's got more rings than fingers. (9 as a coach, 2 with the knicks as a player (although he was injured for the first one))

Last edited:
Not a fan of Around the Horn, but PTI is great. My boys from DC :up:

I heard the Cavs might go after Ray Allen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the talking heads on around the horn and sportscenter who think it's some magical voo doo system that only certain types of players can thrive in have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
David Byrne has a full grasp of the triangle offense.
Jerry Harrison is more of a football guy.
Chris Franz and Tina Weymouth have no business on either show.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
thus being the point... the cavs have room to get free agents and they have a player who could very well be the greatest to ever play the game already on roster... it's right up phil's alley.

The greatest to ever play the game? He's been in the L for two years. Don't insult the likes of Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Dr. J, Robertson, Cousy, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, etc etc etc, and ESPECIALLY don't insult the likes of the GOAT, MJ. He won't be surpassed. Or at least, no one should say anything about him being surpassed until it's actually happened, which it hasn't yet.

Back
Top Bottom