Can someone help. Don't think I can get my contacts out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Macphisto-UK

The Fly
Ok so this is like the second day I have worn contacts.

I just don't think I can get them out.

took half an hour yesterday.

It's just every time my finger goes to my it just blinks.

I can't stop it, and if I drag the lense of I blink and it goes back in place. It's getting ridiculous.

Took my 25 minutes to put them in earlier. I'm like a big wuss.

It's not that I am bothered about putting them in, I jsut cant start myself from blinking every time I put my finger near my eye.

rough....

I don't have any real advice, just that you'll probably get used to it over time, if you keep it up.

What about striking yourself across your face, would that disengage the lenses? :uhoh: :wink:

It does get better with time... I remember it taking like 30 minutes to put my contacts in the first couple times!!!

I guess I'm very used to having my fingers in my eyes since I've had contacts for almost 3 years. But anyways... there is something you can do. What I do is pretty much hold my eye open. Let's say you're putting in your left contact. Use the 1st finger on your right hand to hold your lashes up. Use the middle finger of your left hand to hold your lower lid in place. And then just put the lens in! I hope that sort of makes sense... it's kinda hard to explain. As for taking it out, you just have to do it. Stick your fingers in there and pinch the lens like you mean it! :wink:

For removal of lens, I put my finger on the lens and pull downward. This has the effect of bunching up the lens, which allows me to pinch it and remove it. It's hard to believe that it gets easier, but it does, and it's pretty much worth it :up:

Good luck and don't give up!

my sister always would look down into a mirror while sitting down at the table -make sure ya have good light
when you get your fingers close enough to your eye try moving your eyeball, slowly- in another direction ,look twords your nose, but stop the lens from moving with one finger and then gently grasp the lens with thumb and forefinger

Are your contacts thick? Basically what I mean is do you have really lousy vision? When I was finally able to get soft contacts (I have very bad nearsightedness and astigmatism) they were so thick they acted very much like hard, gas permeable contacts (but were much more comfortable).

If they are thick you can often pop them out like you do with the hard contacts. How I always did this was to open your eye really wide, put your finger on the outside corner of your eye and pull out and up, and then blink. Generally the contact will pop right out. Make sure you catch it though!

-Macphisto-UK said:
Ok so this is like the second day I have worn contacts.

I just don't think I can get them out.

took half an hour yesterday.

It's just every time my finger goes to my it just blinks.

I can't stop it, and if I drag the lense of I blink and it goes back in place. It's getting ridiculous.

Took my 25 minutes to put them in earlier. I'm like a big wuss.

It's not that I am bothered about putting them in, I jsut cant start myself from blinking every time I put my finger near my eye.

hey, i've been wearing contacts for 3 days now! :lol: the first day was the worst, i was afraid i wont be able to get them out! :ohmy: as somebody said, its the best to pull them downward, thats my strategy at least :wink:
anyway, im already good at getting them out, but putting in takes me like half an hour! but its definitelly worth it! no more bloody glasses/ not seeing friends on a street :lol:
hope you're doing fine with your lenses, good luck!

I agree with carrieluvv - sit down at the table and look in a tilted-up mirror - it helps a lot! Other than that I can't give you any tips on sticking yer finger in your eye...you just have to get used to it.

And this is EXACTLY why I refuse to wear contacts. Call me a wuss too, I'll admit it, but I don't like to stick my fingers into my eyes let alone put some little lens in there I can't see to get in OR out of there! Yikes! :crazy:

OK, I did manage to get them out yesterday, and it ended up being really easy in the end. Think maybe I lost patience with it cos I just literally poked myself in the eye and ripped them off, they just sort of fell out.

Doesn't matter about catching them either as they are daily disposables.

I didn't put them in today, as I over slept a bit and didn't have the time to mess about before I went to work.

THey're really good when they are in though, you don't even notice or anything accept for the fact that you can see. They're really comfortable actually in that you can just forget about them. Maybe that's what tampax are like. I dunno. I guess I would need a lady part to try that out :)

Thanks for all the advice anyway. They'll be going in again tomorrow so that should be more fun.

Back
Top Bottom