*Can somebody find me the DEVIL, and find him REAL QUICK!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Cause I would NEVER sell my soul, but I'm pissed enough to rent it out for a bit if he can bring me some QUICK *@#$%&# JUSTICE
mad.gif

In september 2000, I took my Trans Am to a major dealership (and I've given them a lot of Bu$ine$$ over the years)to have some pulleys installed on the motor. The pulleys are often referred to as "underdrive pulleys" or "gear reduction pulleys" and are different sizes than the OEM pulleys to reduce the amount of power it takes to run the accesories which frees up horsepower and can also improve gas mileage.

The dealership installed the pulleys without placing the OEM Harmonic Balancer (to be attached to the new crankshaft pulley per instructions) back on the crankshaft. (This eventualy led to major engine failure and damage) On their invoice, they state that the bolts supplied with the pulley kit were to long and they had to use their own bolts. Per the instructions, they were supposed to use the longer bolts to attach the new pulley back to the factory harmonic balancer and then to the crancshaft. No Fucking wonder the bolts were too long those stupid fucking bastards. And THEIR OWN invoice spells it out= my smoking gun.

A little more than 24 hours after the work was performed, the distributor fails and the car dies on the highway and cannot be restarted. I have it towed back to the dealership (tow cost for this car average $100 because it has to go on a flatbed) and they want to charge me $1300 to install a new distributor and waterpump.

I send it over to my buddies shop and he fixes it for $800. The distributor on an LT1 motor is in the front by the crankshaft, and the distributor appeared to have been impacted when they were changing out the pulleys. On good faith, I take the old distributor to the service manager and show it to him and explain that they damaged it when they were changing out the pulleys. He gets his best redneck to come and make me look shitty and they laugh me out of the shop.

Fast forward to Jan 2001, when the timing chain breaks (because the engine is out of balance without the factory balancer) and suffers major engine damage. Because my company was shutting their doors, I had to work until may 2001 to save the $$$ to fix my car ($2500). When the guys at my buddies shop got it fixed, they assumed that the motor was internally balanced (like the LT4 Corvette motor) and put it back together they way the dealership had.

Fast-forward to late September 2001, the timing chain again breaks resulting in major engine damage again. After we dissasembled the engine further and went over every possible reasoning, we noticed that in my parts at my house I had the factory balancer and it should have been on my car.

Upon discovering all of this, (to include my records from the dealership containing incriminating evidence against them as well as the bolts they should have used and the OEM balancer and the broken distributor) I contacted many attorneys before finally hiring one.

Fast forward to the present, I finally have gotten them to at least look at the car, and their position is follows:

*They claim the distributor failed because of leakage, when I showed them differently (they don't realize I have this part)

*They claim I was racing the car. So fucking what, that won't break a timing chain you dumbasses

*They blame my buddies shop for not catching their error and making the same mistake.

Sorry this is such a long post. I am so pissed. These idiots apparently don't want to settle. I have already paid well over $3400 correcting their mistakes, and $2000 to buy a little Geo Prizm. Plus I have beeen making big car payments and high insurance on my car that has been broken down since sept 23 2001, and was also down 2 weeks in oct 2000 and was down from jan 31 to may 18 2001.

I am gonna rip their F&%$$# heads off. I cannot post the dealerships name on the net, or discuss the $$$ I am asking for. You'd think these morons would realize the pile of shit(e) I have stacked against them, and also that NO jury is gonna side with them over me.

mad.gif

I feel better now, I think I will have a beer
smile.gif

------------------
Throw me to the wolves because there's order in the pack..

Throw me to the SKY because I know I'm coming back?
~RHCP~

Originally posted by z edge:
Cause I would NEVER sell my soul, but I'm pissed enough to rent it out for a bit if he can bring me some QUICK *@#$%&# JUSTICE
mad.gif

Um, you can sell it to me!
Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

WHOA!! Calm down there
wink.gif
I just got back from seeing Showtime-the new Eddie Murphy/Robert DeNiro movie. Eddie looks really buff too
eek.gif

Lots of shoot em up, and laughs too. Maybe you should go see that.

gs63.jpg

gs65.jpg

gs83.jpg

gs2.jpg

Thanx ya'all
wink.gif
And GM for the Gwennie pics
tongue.gif

I've got SBS from the boston dvd BLARING in my house right now, my neighbors are
confused.gif

That helps, the beer is yummy too

*how BC looks when hearing technical stuff about cars:
icon24.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Man that sucks z.. I would have probly gone nuts by now and peeled out on their face.

Here you go..

devil.jpg

* runs

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-16-2002).]

Thanks Sicy
smile.gif

I wanted to send Darth Maul into the dealership because of his ability to "straighten them out" but he's no longer with us
wink.gif

However, since Sicilian Goddesses' are bulletproof like shotguns, maybe you should come visit Oklahoma!

And Bono, if you are reading this, would you mind taking over as my counsel? Since you were able to get $$$$$ from George, you could probably benefit me as well on this matter.

Hence, I am offically offering BONO from U2 the job as my attorney. Of course, we would have to hang out afterwords and drink red wine and smoke, and I might want you to sing as well. But the job is yours if you are interested.

maybe D69 can help arrange this
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom