can i get you some coffee hun?...and DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ interesting, disco! Played back to back?

So which of these do you guys think I should buy:

1. Sanyo 24" Flat screen - $178

2. Philips 26" Widescreen - $200

3. Samsung 24" Flat screen - $250

4. Sony 24" Wega Trinitron - $275

5. a 27" Flat screen TV - $300 and above

:crazy:

GG, tell me what you think before you go to bed! :scream:

O.M.G. people :shocked:

i just got this thingy in the email saying that cos i got super nerdy psat scores, i qualify for this thing abroad....in paris, oxford, cambridge or barcelona. its six weeks in the summer and i want to go so bad

but is 6k dollars...what the diddly fuck i could never afford that. you can apply for a scholarship but only 3% are accepted and my dad just got a new job so the income might be misleading as to suggest we've actually got money...and you have to pay your plane fare which is bit fucking costly...and it'd be a waste of a 500 word essay and all my hopes and dreams, etc if i didn't get it.

whaaaaaat should i do?

Dear VertigoGal,

Congratulations on your outstanding performance on the recent PSAT examination. As a top scorer on that exam, I would like to make you aware of our academic summer programs, The Oxford Prep Experience, The Cambridge Prep Experience , The French Prep Experience and our newest program, La Academia de España in Barcelona, Spain, all designed specifically for intellectually curious and eager students.

Imagine yourself living in the heart of one of these academic centers, surrounded by ancient colleges and monuments which have inspired some of the worlds’ greatest thinkers: Charles Darwin, William Wordsworth, Isaac Newton, J. R. R. Tolkien, C.S Lewis, Virginia Woolf, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Picasso and Gertrude Stein, among so many others.

You will be guided in your studies by academics who represent the best in their fields – Rhodes and Gates Scholars, professional actors and artists, published authors and journalists, medical and legal experts - and you will have almost unlimited opportunities to attend plays, visit museums, play sports and hear eminent guest speakers.

As you read about the faculty, courses and cultural highlights, I hope you decide that this is the right opportunity for you. Although the recommended application dates have passed for some of our programs, be assured that there are still plenty of spaces available. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, be aware that deadline is approaching fast. Your application must be received by our office no later than March 25thth , 2006. If you have any questions about our programs, please call our office in New York where our staff is available 8am-8pm EST to assist you. If you would like to request a brochure on line, please click this link: Request Brochures Online

I hope to see you in Europe next summer.

Sincerely,

James G. Basker

Anne Whitney Olin Professor of English

Barnard College, Columbia University

Founder and Director

Oxbridge Academic Programs

http://www.oxbridgeprograms.com/

daddy i wanna goooooo :sad:

Wow, VG! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

This is quite an opportunity! Don't let it go before thinking it over really well!

Are they not paying for your airfare?

based on PSAT scores kayla...i don't think they have that in canada, it's just a pointless standardized test

zootles...it doesn't include airfare or lunch each day. i'm thinking if i were to be one of the 3% to get a scholarship my parents would be willing to pay airfare for me.

they're just good people like that, i don't give them enough credit. lol

i definitely would love to go...there's nothing for me to consider there. i just don't want to get my hopes up or waste time on something that's not realistic. (i know for a fact i'd need to get a scholarship...6000 bucks is ridiculous)

Even if you don't get the scholorship, can't you take a bank loan? When you start earning, you can repay them! Worth considering. I'm still paying off my educational loans I took for Grad school.

^that's true zootles...the thing is, you don't find out if you got a scholarship til later on at which point there's a good chance most of the spots will be filled esp. for popular "course" or whatever. and you can't apply for them simultaneously. i don't know that my parents would find this important enough to take out a loan. :wink: i'll talk to them about it. usually with this type of thing (i've qualified for trips to DC) they say "that's great" and "we're proud of you" and then i tell them the price and my dad gives me the little shake of the head and the look and it's not brought up again. not to sound melodramatic. :lmao:

SATs are the actual tests that matter...PSATs are well a "pre"SAT :wink: but yeah I think it's american only

gahhhh guys this sucks. because i want to go so bad, really. but i know there's no chance. :blahblah: :banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom