Can Guys be ONLY FRIENDS with GIRLS? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #46
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:10 AM
ahemmmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
everytime i try, the ladies always wanna try and get the freak on w me
sooner or later
I was going to say it was possible........but I am not so sure now?

lol DB.."everytime?"..think outside the box will ya'.

I am going to say it is totally possible..regardless of the personal image DB presents here..I met him..he seemed friendly and suprisingly clean cut and not bad on the eye.. though I don't really "know" him ... but sorry DB..not to be rude, I didn't want to romp ya'...that and Marc thinks I am really hot so I am not worried about having friends of both sexes...He's secure..I'm secure..NO PROB!

Old 06-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #47
She's the One

Local Time: 02:10 AM
Re: ahemmmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by therulz

he seemed ..... not bad on the eye..

Oh crap. Now you've done it. We'll never hear the end of this.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:17 PM   #48
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Re: Re: ahemmmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Oh crap. Now you've done it. We'll never hear the end of this.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #49
BAW
The Flower

Re: ahemmmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by therulz

I am going to say it is totally possible..regardless of the personal image DB presents here..I met him..he seemed friendly and suprisingly clean cut and not bad on the eye..

A lot of us have met him too Now listen to Martha and you'll never make the above mistake again

don't feed the ego
Old 06-07-2003, 12:19 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

i have a fragile ego and a very small monkey

thank u.

db3
Old 06-07-2003, 12:37 AM   #51
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:10 AM
In my experience the answer has been "no". Show me where some guys who can control themselves live and want to be my friend *like my brothers* and I'll believe otherwise. I'm not commenting on the "dating" aspect as much as I am on the "sex without commitment" part, most of the guys I know relish that thought.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleasai
Oh, and for the female sect... please do not demand that your signifigant other dump his friends just cause they happen to be the opposite sex. I had an Ex try that one on me
I see/have no problem if my sig. other had mutual female friends, I do however and will always have a problem if he thinks that his ex girlfriends are his friends and tries to justify it with the fact that he knew them for a long period of time.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:10 AM
PrincessBadgirl - what if your sig. other had (platonic) female friends from before the time he met you? Would you still have a problem with that, and would you have a problem with him keeping such friends? Or would you expect him to cut off his friendships with those (once again, platonic friends who were never his girlfriends) females?
Old 06-07-2003, 01:10 AM   #53
Acrobat

lol...

Hey, I met him and he was all cleaned up...nice white dressy shirt and khackis....but his impression of me in the hawaiian shirt, shorts and bierkenstocks might not be all that..lmao

I say let him have that one lone ego trip..he did get a (really)small harem of nursies leaving him numbers...lol...DB give em the karioke stats!!!where's the karioke thread????
Old 06-07-2003, 02:41 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
PrincessBadgirl - what if your sig. other had (platonic) female friends from before the time he met you? Would you still have a problem with that, and would you have a problem with him keeping such friends? Or would you expect him to cut off his friendships with those (once again, platonic friends who were never his girlfriends) females?
Thatīs an interesting question. One time in my life, just one time, I cut off my friendships with females because an exgirlfriend had problems with that.

I will never do that again. I can understand what moved her, but I donīt think it is the right thing to do...
Old 06-07-2003, 03:54 AM   #55
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
I would say, yes, but I also think that at SOME point, both parties, both male and female, would tend to THINK about it, at least once. Whether anything develops is another question, but it definetly crosses people's minds.

Part of this is due, I think, to the fact that you would spend so much TIME with the other person. I mean, being friends with someone, good friends, means that that person possesses traits and characterisitcs that you admire/covet/challenge, etc. These afre often characteristics though,t hat people look for in a mate. In long term relationships, the mate often becomes the 'best friend.' When someone is THAT close with you, I think it may be difficult not to thinka botu it once or twice, but often people need to consider the reprecussions of entering a relaionship from such a friendship...am I making sense?
Woah, your thinking is scarily similar to mine on this subject.

To borrow a line from Michael, you could have written that for me.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #56
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Thatīs an interesting question. One time in my life, just one time, I cut off my friendships with females because an exgirlfriend had problems with that.

I will never do that again. I can understand what moved her, but I donīt think it is the right thing to do...
Oh hell no. Many of my friends are men, and many of my husband's friends are women. He was quite close to a significant ex for a long time just after we were married. The key word here is friends.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
are you hitting on me missdress?
Old 06-07-2003, 04:02 PM   #58
Acrobat

friends!

I still say friends is the keyword. Since it doesn't involve sex there isn't a concern what gender the friend is.

I have had relationships in the past where the other person had an insecurity problem and tried to tell me who I could and could't be friends with, sometimes picking fights with would be friendlies. This just made me sad. I have even had what could have been a great friendship with a guy ruined because a female had the same little green monster type of problem. My little brother and my best nursing school buddy were both dying from cancer and I really just wanted a friend. I think I hated her for that but I have since shaken it off, it only made me a stronger person inside having to face it all myself and truly come out of it all as successful as I am. That and I have a loving supportive family. See, when someone tries to choose my firendships I find that narrow minded thinking offensive and I don't live my life with that much negativity in it. Shake off that bad karma trip!!!

Marc and I get along great, he is my best friend and I think he is wonderful and I love him to no end (he worships me, I like that in a man.) We and are not worried about other people interfering with that. Almost 2 years of total bliss and counting! Our philosophy, we fell in love with eachother exactly the way we are and strive to remain capable of independant thinking. Co-habitation is a little play on compromise but some of what he loves about me (and vise versa) is different than his way of thinking but since he loves me he doesn't want to change me and I feel the same. Sometimes it appears like we are a bit like the odd couple..lmao..(he is my Felix but he gave up the thought that he could single handedly organize me, besides that he loves the outcome of some of my creative art projects so he lets me have free reign to create a wonderful colorful home..and I let him be the ever popular Edge type gear junkie and guitar hound he is.) We even found that our home has plenty of room for both Who bootlegs as well as U2!!! Trick is to recognize the things you love about someone will keep you together and accentuate your happiness.
He can be friends with who ever he wants and so can I and we are still in love.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:15 PM   #59
Acrobat

Only one of my male friends has ever misconstrued our friendship and thought that I had a thang for him. He was gay, and I knew he was gay, but when he came out he wrote me a long "Dear Bbug" letter and I was like "Um, dude, I knew. You were always going on about how cute Trent Reznor is..." and then he got mad and now he's blocked my email. Other than that, I can't get arrested in terms of dating and so on. I have lots of guy friends, and I don't believe any of them think of me as a "girl." They just want to teach me to play golf. Of course, gay male friends...that's just different. *scratches head* I'm confused now...

edited to say, I think the only reason my friendships with straight guys work out is because they don't think of me as a female person. I mean, there's some bizarre de-girlifying logic in the way that they view me. They'll always be like "Hey, did you see such-and-such an interview in Maxim?" and I'm all "Why the hell would I be reading Maxim?" And they just kind of stand there with this befuddled look on their faces, like "Oh, crap, I forgot, she's a girl!" I think if I weren't into sports, or if I were more physically attractive or something, the friendship wouldn't work out, y'know?
Old 06-07-2003, 04:43 PM   #60
War Child

Absolutely...I actually have more guy friends than female friends...I also prefer guys as training partners..more intense, focused on the workout.
Plus...if they're wearin shorts, ya can peek up 'em while they're spotting ya on a bench press....but ya didnt hear that from me