Can anyone recommend some good brands of hair dye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Lemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've been on a hair dyeing kick lately, and I've been using L'Oreal Open. I like the results, but the color fades out pretty quickly. Do you guys have any recs of other brands to try? Thanks. :)

:der: When I dye my hair I go to the hairdresser.

Once I did it at home on my own and my hairs were sort of corroded near my scalp. :crazy:

:crazy:<--after this procedure :ohmy:

idiot neighbors need to leave me alone

i can't remember the brand name, but it's a little triangle bottle, blue on the bottom (that you twist on)...uhh i liked that :D

otherwise there's herbal essences...i like the color, and it lasts well beyond 24 washes

Lilly said:
i can't remember the brand name, but it's a little triangle bottle, blue on the bottom (that you twist on)...uhh i liked that :D

Casting by Loreal? That's what I use.

:hyper: HERBAL ESSENCES! :hyper:

that's pretty much all i use. it rocks my socks. it doesn't dry out your hair, and it smells lovely (as long as you don't use the bleach kits that is, lol). i use herbal essences shampoo, too. their fruit fusions for colour treated hair, to be exact. i don't need to buy conditioner anymore, since i dye my hair so much, by the time i run out of the conditioner they give you, it's time for me to touch up my roots. :D

I've never dyed my hair before...been blonde my whole life...been thinking that maybe I should do it though, just for somethin' different!

Thanks for the recommendations- I'll definitely check those out the next time I'm at the store. :)

And BC, I agree with Sicy- you should try it. It's fun, and if you use one of the semi-permanent kinds you don't have to worry about horribly messing up your hair.

Well, what colors are we talking about here? Something "natural" or wild and crazy? I've been dyeing my hair off and on for the last 10 years fuschia pink (very bright) and for any kind of bright color, for a highlight or what have you it's hands-down Manic Panic.
If you're looking for a natural shade I've always been happy with L'oreal products as well.

Ha! It's funny to see an old thread pop up. :) Anyway, I've dyed my hair various shades of red (you can see it in the photos thread), and I've used Herbal Essenses and Garnier Nutrisse and had good results with both. I would like to try Feria sometime too.

I dye mine, I'm a natural platinum blonde, but it's so light against my skin, it makes me look icey and evil kinda lol so I dye it a warmer honey blonde. I use either Nice and Easy or Garnier, the permenant kind cause i hate faded color, they both don't dry it out, which is awesome cause I live in Colorado, pretty hard to keep hair moist to begin with! lol

It is a bit dry now only cause I thought a change would be nice and dyed it brown/red for 2 years, but then my hubby started missing the blonde, so I had to bleach it :eek:(

~Taylor~

I just dyed my hair black. i like it. It's Starry Night by Feria. I like it alot. It doesn't smell too bad and the gloves aren't that cheap ones that rip..they are like latex ones. I used Nutrisse or something like that..and it faded so fast..and looked grey! ew

Back
Top Bottom