Camp Quality - Give Me A Head With hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I met a woman the other day.She is middle-aged with long straight healthy hair, so shiny , not a split in it.
On Mother's Day, she is having it shaved off to raise money for Camp Quality a recreational respite organistaion for kids with cancer. She asked if I would join her...I just can't do it. I am sponsoring her as much as I can.

She noticed my middle son's long long hair and funky beard and asked if he would at least shave off his beard for the cause. He didn't say yes...but he didn't say no.
And last night he shocked me by asking me to make him a hairdressers appointment. He feels because he is nearing the end of his school days , he should have short hair. Probably a wise decision, but he sure does look good at the moment and I enjoy brushing it. At least he made the video with his band recentlyand I can keep that. There is a pic of him on the DVD cover and he looks great....imho.
So I'm just lamenting the change...it had to come, but it doesn't mean I like it. We have a really funky local hairdresser, who works from home, doesn't charge that much and has good empathy with the younguns. She cut my youngest son's hair last week and gee I like the way she feathered his fringe.
If #2 is getting his all cut off:(:( I hope he does do it for charity.The woman I mentioned initially already has her hair sold to a doll maker. I would like to keep my baby's hair. I have my eldest son's dreadlocks wrapped in tissue paper. I give myself a fright every now and then when I uncover them in the drawer.

Anyway, big rave about change
and Camp Quality...a worthy cause.

a nice surprise and temptation all in one
speaking of hair and waxing eyebrows and stuff

my hairdresser, who I don't frequent very often, send me a birthday voucher. It seems a kind thing, but if my maths is correct, I save $17 only when I spend $77.
She sent me a $5 discount voucher, $5 deep conditioning treatment voucher, and a free eyebrow wax but only if I get her to colour my hair.
of course I want this...but it's still $50 hmm. I 've already spent the birthday money I was given. I bought some new running shoes, my old ones were ridiculously old( none left for a CD, saves making a decision I suppose)
But anyway I thought the timing was funny and all, with all the recent talk of eyebrows.

I was chugging along , with holding information, waiting for the right time, which was this morning. I started dropping hints about going to the Camp Quality Mother's Day event. There will be a band I have been wanting to see/hear for ages playing there.and then it struck me...
there is only one place I can be this Mother's Day...with my mother!! My eldest sister is flying home this weekend, for the first time in several years. My mother will have all her daughters at home and all their daughters and daughters will be there too. ( it could get noisy) I can only contribute sons to this developing picture...YAY for BOYS!!! imho:)
so anyway what a silly billy I am not to have been planning that already. i had best get busy very very VERY busy.

so I think I deserve $50 to make a good impression on big sis.

but at the same time I feel kinda shallow wanting to spend money on myself. I should give it to Camp Quality.
Big decision
hub already had it worked out already....he said get the conditioning treatment for free. full stop....rotten male logic

:)
to streak or not to streak....???

:silent: cass schoo nut :wave:

In my town there was a 5 year old girl who grew her hair long for this very cause. One of our local salons cut her hair. This little girl decided to do this on her own with out any coaching from her mom. I find her a remarkable little girl. :angel:

awwww tiny dancer, a 5 year old? that is an inspirational ( and commendably short story..how'd ya do that?)
Crop A Cop indeed Angela. I know one cop who needs......

stop with the stories already.

I've decided to meet with big sis, au naturale, she'll just have to face the fact her baby sister is going grey....it's just I recall her first comment last time we met up for the first time in years..."Pammy" (she's the only one who calls me that btw, anyone else better look out!)"Pammy......you're hair....it's so straight!"
talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

I'm getting anxious already.I was in tears after only about an hour after we all met up last time. I was lying awake last night silently chanting...."that which does not kill me , makes me strong.." repeat
family reunions eh? don't mention the war.

Back
Top Bottom