Camera Lens HELP! I got a smudge on the lens!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
!!!! I always watch out for this sort of thing!!!

GRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Does anyone have some advice on what I should clean the lens with?

It's not that bad, I think I just got a bit of a finger print on it when I handed it to someone to take a picture, and I can't stand it when I do something like that.

someone said I should use an a qtip, because it is such a small surface, though I really don't know about that. But I'm going to look at the user's manual now.

Anyone who has some advice, though, it would be most welcome

thankyou :)

a lint free dry and soft cloth. avoid cotton buds (or a q tip as you called it) as it might scratch.

if you want to safeguard in the future, invest in a uv filter. it will obviously protect your lens and is much more replaceable at $10-$20 than a new lens is.
:up:

I would consider one of those but the lens is sort of enclosed. But then again, they probably make something for it.

ALright, yeah, that's what the manual says, too. Now I need to find a soft enough cloth to use......

For Honor said:
I would consider one of those but the lens is sort of enclosed. But then again, they probably make something for it.

ALright, yeah, that's what the manual says, too. Now I need to find a soft enough cloth to use......

They often sell very soft cloths at places like Lenscrafters used to clean your glasses lenses. I'd try to look for something similar.

I bought a few and they do a great job at taking the scuffs off my iPod :eyebrow: But if they're safe for eyeglasses and do the job then they should be fine for a camera.

For Honor said:

what kind of camera is it? i know the one i bought was a generic brand and it screwed into my canon. if it's one of the bigger brands, then there might be something you can try?

good luck with the smudge, though :)

I have a Canon digicam and there's a ring that you can release and beneath that are the threads for attaching a different lens. Canons are great for switching lenses.

Which reminds me, I need to take mine in to get cleaned. I paid a boatload for a nice warranty, taking it to Africa and all, so the least they can do is clean the lens and get the dust out...

Yeah, I think I will have to get one of those speical cloths and keep it in the case. I know, I have got one of those service plans myself, and if it was bad, I wouldn't have hesitated. But this was just enough to get an odd markon the pictures I took, etc.

But it's all better now :)

Back
Top Bottom