calling all drivers!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Klodomir:
I have my test coming up pretty soon. Passed theory in one, and I can parallel park with the best of them.
theory in one seems to be rare.. i passed it the first time but some ppl who failed were there for the 3rd, 4th, 10th time...

I also have most of the other special manoeuvres down, but I don't know what you call them in English... the one with the handbrake on an incline, backwards parking, turning on a narrow road. The only one still causing me trouble is going backwards around a corner.

nice, handbrake, except for my car not having one, was a diesel, so i could do it with the foot brake.. we have an automatic at home, but the other car is a stick, on gas, so i have no idea how to do that. Like backwards parking as long as im the only car in 25 meters around. Turning on a road was one of my special thingies on my exam, loved my car with special turningthingies.. Backwards around the corner, yikes! My examinator:'Okay, here right and than stop some 20 odd meters from the corner, then well (we!!) do a backward corner.' But then... me lucky, there was a car around the corner and the guy was like.. ok, then well do something else.. :D

Yep, you need to know a lot to get a license in the Netherlands. But that's a good thing, really.

[This message has been edited by Tobe (edited 01-17-2002).]

I passed my first time. My driving test was like the only time I ever parallel parked beautifully...*lol* The mistakes I did make were that I forgot to slow down for railroad tracks, and I almost rear ended a horse trailer (it came outta nowhere, I tell ya...
biggrin.gif
).

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Originally posted by Tobe:
theory in one seems to be rare.. i passed it the first time but some ppl who failed were there for the 3rd, 4th, 10th time...
Yeah, I was surprised about that too, but I was told that the reason is that a lot of kids have mopeds, so they think they know the rules. But really, I studied the book over a period of one or two weeks, fairly relaxed, and I only had one mistake - [/i]and[/i] I took the test in a foreign language, so it can't be that hard. I think it's just a matter of not overestimating your own knowledge.
nice, handbrake, except for my car not having one, was a diesel, so i could do it with the foot brake.. we have an automatic at home, but the other car is a stick, on gas, so i have no idea how to do that.
Easy peasy. Let the clutch come up slowly until the front of the car starts to lift a bit, then let go of the brake and off you go. Pretty much the same as with the foot brake.

Yup, backwards around a corner really sucks. Do people outside the Netherlands have to be able to do that too?

its completely useless imho.. I dont see myself driving around somewhere thinking 'hmm, wrong street, should have turned right next one, lets go backwards around the corner so im where i was before with my car lined up perfectly.'

Back
Top Bottom