CALLING ALL CAT-OWNERS!! (And melon also)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 4 cats, and I had an incident with them and olives once when I spilled a bowl of them. They all sniffed them...two of them ran away, one of them started playing with them, and the other started chowing down!

hmmm that's interesting...

how about mint? i had a cat, who, if you were chewing gum, had just brushed your teeth, ate a mint, etc. would back away and do this really funny lip-curl kind of thing if you breathed on him.

I tried that with Sparky and he did nothing.
However, he loves peanut butter and if you are eating a peanut butter sandwich he will be eating the other end.

My cat tried to take a fig newton bar out of my mouth once, with the kind of crazy fervor he normally reserves for catnip.:shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
My cat tried to take a fig newton bar out of my mouth once, with the kind of crazy fervor he normally reserves for catnip.:shrug:

Whiskers was eating my NutriGrain bar earlier, and Chloe was nibbling on my banana bread last week. :shrug:

:heart: kitties :heart:

I had a cat that loved mint..it was his crack...we used to have some growing the in the back yard and he would lay all day in it and roll around and eat it and be stoned.

I don't have olives...so heidi will just have to deal with not sniffing them.

I tried olives on my cats, Kalamata olives, does it matter which kind? Anyway, they just sniffed and walked away. But if I bring out the bleach, one of my cats has a kiniption (spelling?) and rubs herself all over the bleached area and tries to bite my hand if I have any bleach smell still on them. Cats are wonderful and wierd :coocoo:

My four kitties full names are Whiskers Sophia, Chloe Marie, Amy Tabith, and Thomas Jefferson. :heart:

Every Hymalayan I have owned has had a love for white grapes, potatoes and vegemite on toast. They'd probably love olives. But then, they're quite weird, even for cats.
:D

my cat max loves flounder but won't go near salmon...he's an odd one too

i don't have any olives and never will, since no one in the house likes them.

however, all the cats are fascinated whenever my mom gets her hair permed. for the next few days, they stick their head in her hair and sniff. :crack:

but they hate the smell of nail polish or nail polish remover. go figure.

I don't have any olives in the house, I'll get some next time I go to the store. Question- does the vinegar in them scare the cat away? Do you have to wash it and have only the pure olive smell to get this reaction? Oh, just remembered- last night I was eating some olive pimento cheese spread and my kitty came up and begged and licked some off a cracker. I don't know if it was the cheese or the olive or both.

OMG! You've had told me the weirdest things about your cats :lol:

I asked you to that experiment 'cos the other day we were eating a dish my sister cooked and had olives. (I really don't like olives much) . So my mom ate them and left the seeds on the table. Later guggi jumped over the table and started meowing and licking the seeds! :eyebrow: We were laughing and surprised. Then my sister grabs the olives jar and pours a little vinegar on a plate and lets guggi sniff it. He starts meowing excitedly again and follows my sister until she gives him the plate. He licked all the vinegar and ate the olives she gave him, and then he started to roll on the floor and rub himself into the plate :crack: :lol: After a minute, he just lay there, like in ecstasy, and from time to time he rubbed against the plate :der:

Weird way to find out your cat likes olives (or the vinegar flavor) :coocoo:

U2Kitten said:
I don't have any olives in the house, I'll get some next time I go to the store. Question- does the vinegar in them scare the cat away? Do you have to wash it and have only the pure olive smell to get this reaction? Oh, just remembered- last night I was eating some olive pimento cheese spread and my kitty came up and begged and licked some off a cracker. I don't know if it was the cheese or the olive or both.

I didn?t wash the olive and I think that was the vinegar but who knows , sometimes cats are just :coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom