californians, i'm so jealous right now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
as some of you may have heard, duran duran reunited (well, the fab five version of duran duran at least) back in may of 2001. aside from a remaster of rio, they've been pretty much laying low and taking their sweet ass time making their new album.

anyway, this summer, they're kicking it live for the first time since the taylor-taylor-taylor-rhodes-le bon incarnation performed at live aid in 1985. first, they're playing quite a few dates in japan. this pisses me off as they were the last damn country to see them live in the first place. back when duran duran was rhodes-le bon-cuccurullo, they played their last live dates in june 2001 in japan. :mad:

also, a date has been confirmed in california. the pacific ampitheatre in costa mesa on july 16th to be exact. tickets go on sale may 31st, apparently. last i heard, it wasn't being shown on ticketmaster, but the band's webmaster has confirmed this date. it was posted on a news site, but the link doesn't work anymore.

so i'm really jealous. i could consider driving or flying somewhere in the states to see them, but california's a little far (especially since it's right around the time we're going on vacation, and money's tight for me this summer). i just hope they confirm a few more dates somewhere other than california.

so, i'm probably the only one on this forum interested in this, but i thought i'd share for anyone in that area. i believe this is during a festival, so you know.

it is about 4 mles from where I live.

this theater is in our County Fairgrounds.

we have a fair every year.

they have 4-5 concerts during that time to draw the people in.here is the site

Last edited:
o k, i lied it is not 4 miles

Newport Beach, CA
92663 US

88 Fair Dr
Costa Mesa, CA
92626-6521 US

Total Distance: 4.53 miles Total Estimated Time: 8 minutes
3ecfe25d-002bd-02e04-400c2528

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Oops, I just read the last part. Grrr, money. :( :hug:
yeah. :( oh well, hopefully they'll announce more dates soon.

hey, i just thought of something! john taylor has listened to my ideas in the past (okay, so i made a suggestion about a song and voila! it popped up on his compilation) so maybe if i e-mail his webmaster, i can get a private concert in my backyard! :laugh:

deep said:
o k, i lied it is not 4 miles
:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom