Californians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its funny cause i never thought much about san diego until i went away to north CA, and the many trips from san diego to humboldt i appreciated CA a lot. when my boyfriend who's from Inglewood,LA came down to san diego for the very first time he fell in love with it and i diodnt really see what the big deal was until i went to LA sure santa monica is noce and other areas, san diego is less ghetto and a bit less phony than LA and its a more exciting place than North CA...no offense to anyone
though the times ive been to San Fran its been a fun place, its a bit tooo busy and crowded for my taste.

I hate SF. They crammed a great city in to a space that is barely bigger than my backyard. No thank you, give me some space.

That and I'm partial to LA anyhow...:ohmy:

NorCal is quite beautiful I must say, and I doubt that I'll ever move south again.

I'm glad I was born and raised in California, it is a great state for sure!

*geez, talk about random thoughts:huh: *

You all are not going to believe this but I'm a Valley girl! I do love the San Fernando Valley because it is not as materialistic as the West Side.
And we do have a tatoo and body piercing places and pot growing and bong shops on every corner. I never go there though.
The thing that gets me is that Southern Californians complain if the temp. goes below 65.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Hey Mr. BAW aren't the women both beautiful and crazy in CA?!?! The most exciting/scary women in the world!!

I mean that as a complete compliment too! :huh:

Point well taken; beautifyl and completely nuts! I wouldn;'t have it any other way....

Doozer was born in Gardena
I was born in Long Beach

We were raised in Torrance...

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:

Point well taken; beautifyl and completely nuts! I wouldn;'t have it any other way....

My point exactly. There is something about "California Girls" that makes them like no other women in the world.

California women are smart, cunning, sexy, and just a lot of fun!

Mr. BAW said:

I'm a Native Californian...not too many of us around.

Born & raised in S. California. Actually born in Hollywood if we are being technical here. Grew up in L.A. (Pinks was right around the corner), attended L.A. schools (bands like RHCP were only a few years ahead of me), and then moved about an hour north about 13 years ago...

:wave: to all the other Cali's!

Born in San Diego, raised in San Bernardino and escaped to LA!

Now I live in Seattle (6 yrs) but came via Point Loma, CA. San Diego was nice but I found it a bit boring especially after living so long LA. San Diego didn't have any character to it.

I do miss CA especially the LA restuarants and clubs and I especially miss living in a non-smoking state. But Seattle is really awesome and could never move back but I don't think the SoCal girl me will ever disappear:wink:

Last edited:
Boy the Baws could be neighbors with my parents or my brother. LOL I grew up in Yorba Linda, my parents are still there for a few more weeks. And my brother lives in Placentia. It was a nice area to grow up in, but getting to crowded and to expensive.

Mr. Cat and I moved 8 years ago to Redding and we love it here. We will never go back. But I visit LA and SF a few times a year to shop and see shows. They are great cities to visit, but I don't think I'd want to live there full time.

I'm native too! I was born here in LA, and my family lived in the bad part of the mid-Wilshire area before we moved to the Valley (Van Nuys to be exact), but we finally got smart and moved to the westside. We now live in Westchester, 2 minutes from LAX. It's so cool up here, we're close to everything.

Oh yeah, and California girls are the best :drool: . If you're ever in doubt just go down to Manhattan Beach one afternoon. :up:

discothequeLP said:
Oh yeah, and California girls are the best :drool: . If you're ever in doubt just go down to Manhattan Beach one afternoon. :up:

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh...that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I thank the good Lord everyday that I was born and raised in California.

Sun, Fun and Play!!

Russty Cat said:
Boy the Baws could be neighbors with my parents or my brother. LOL I grew up in Yorba Linda, my parents are still there for a few more weeks. And my brother lives in Placentia. It was a nice area to grow up in, but getting to crowded and to expensive.

Mr. Cat and I moved 8 years ago to Redding and we love it here. We will never go back. But I visit LA and SF a few times a year to shop and see shows. They are great cities to visit, but I don't think I'd want to live there full time.

I'm in Yorba Linda have been for 8 years it's a nice town though being one of a few dems here is a little frustrating around election time. Grew up mostly in CA (dad was Air Force) so we moved around a bit. Lived in England born in New Mexico went to College in Minnesota but always come back to So.Cal though I think N.Cal. is great too. We talk about moving it's so expensive and everything but I think this is a great area to raise kids and my hubby is hooked on being able to go mountain climbing or to the beach any day he wishes.

nbcrusader said:
Live in Newport Beach
Work in Irvine

Even though the show is lame, I would walk around Newport saying to everyone I could get to listen to me... "Welcome to the O.C. bitch!" :D

I live up in NorCal, in the Bay Area. I could live in San Diego, but never L.A. It's fun to visit there, but it would drive me crazy. I think I'll stick with NorCal though. More distinct seasons, Tahoe, real city with a real downtown, and on and on.

I agree about women out here. Different than anywhere else. In college I dated 3 girls pretty seriously, two were from California and the other had grown up in CA, but lived in Phoenix. They are more fun. I think that's why I moved here ;)

Back
Top Bottom