California people, help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah but there is so much more to the Getty than just the art. There is the architecture and the gardens and the scenery too.

Re: Re: California people, help?

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

San Diego is very realistic within a day. It only takes about an hour and a half to get there and it's a beautiful drive.

which world is this in? San Diego may take that time from Long Beach, if you are lucky but from Venice you better tack on at least another hour or so. Plus any drive during "rush hour" will add minutes, if not hours to your drive.

But why go all the way down to San Diego, when there's Long Beach? We have the Queen Mary and an aquarium of our own plus all kinds of great restaurants down by the shore.

I belive the trip will be made on a weekend. If that is the case, traffic should not be a considerable issue.

However, there is no need to travel that far. A drive north to Malibu will give you plenty of scenery.

With the limited time in LA, it is probably better spent exploring the various neighborhoods: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Westwood, Santa Monica, Melrose, etc.

What are the type of things you would like to do?

The reason I asked about San Diego is that one of the friends I'm going with has always wanted to go there (to see the Zoo), but my thinking is we'll spend so much time on the road, I'd rather not drive down and back if the traffic will hinder me.

nbc, basically we'd like to spend more time outside than inside (therefore I'd rather go to Catalina than the museums, for example), and exploring neighbourhoods sounds great to me. Anything where we can park the car and just walk around, get a nice lunch or dinner sounds great to me.

If you are staying in Venice, I would get up grab some coffee. Then I would rollerblade or bike all the way down the coast. I have rollerbladed all the way to Palos Verdes. It's so much fun! You can then park your bikes and have lunch in Manhattan Beach. You will see some beautiful beach homes, lots of fun outdoorsy people surfing and see the amazing beaches.

Biking would probably be easier than blading. In the evening I would check out some music. Maybe try The Troubedour off Santa Monica in West Hollywood. I went there the other night and had some fun. It's a very laid back rock venue.

I would also go to Malibu. Point Dune is a great beach, as is Zuma. But any of the beaches are great, you can't go wrong. I would bring some lunch and maybe do a little boogie boarding. I think you can rent boards. Venice is really central. Malibu is about 20 minutes down the PCH.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom