Calexico... awesome band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
As well as being exposed to Nick Cave recently, I have come to love a little american band called Calexico. They remind me very much of the south, but they have excellent little melodies and songs and instrumentals. definitely fine, fine stuff!

I think I noticed Salome including them on some list of some sort. props to you, buddy boy

as usual, i don't own their albums, but I like them.

I have the Crystal Frontier film clip on tape. They toured Australia last month with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. I was very aware of the night they were in Brisbane . I really wanted to go.
A few days earlier I was lucky enough to accidently catch them being interviewed on the radio and they played a couple of songs live:applaud: They sounded intelligent and caring and they played really well. Live, in those circumstances, is always a test of musicianship.
yep...another show I was sorry to miss

that's profoundly interesting that they toured with nick cave.. i had no idea! chalk it up to galactic winds.

Yeah, I always feel bad for bands that no one knows opening for the big guys.

I've had Feast of Wire for a while and really like it - A local radio station (KFOG, great station!) brought them to my attention. They've got a very unique sound, and I like the variety on their albums. No Doze is a killer song...very Miles Davis.

yesh
Feast of Wire probably made my top 10 list of 2003

Calexico are basically Giant Sand without the band's frontman/songwriter Howie Gelb
I haven't gotten around to check out Giant Sand though :hmm:

:up:

Back
Top Bottom