Cal and Tony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarsnStripes

The Fly
After this weekend, baseball says good bye to two of its classiest players ever, Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn. The two displayed over their lengthy careers what sports should be about. I've been fortunate enough to see Rip play numerous times, and will be in the stands tonight to see his last game. I could, however, kick myself in the ass for not ever seeing Tony play. Hats off to these two!

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Yes, kudos to both. I was lucky enough to travel to Camden Yards and see Cal play a few years ago while I was in the area. I also got to see his 2131st game on TV, which was pretty cool too. Tony was a hard worker, who never gave up, even playing on mostly mediocre Padre teams. I remember when I saw him play the Reds in Cincinnati, and he made a snow cone catch at the end of the game to save the day for San Diego. I was disappointed that the Reds didn't win, but he really is a great player.

The game shall miss them.

------------------
Change is the only constant

The Orioles are my fav. baseball team and yes you guessed it, Cal is my favorite player. Young people, like my friends won't understand what he has meant to the game. I do. He is the hardest working baseball player ever - a role model for these young guyw ho sit out games just because they're tired. Cal will always be remembered....#8 was amazing.

The #'s speak for themselves and so does his heart and passion. Both he and his dad are examples of what pro is - in every way!

The Orioles are my fav. baseball team and yes you guessed it, Cal is my favorite player. Young people, like my friends won't understand what he has meant to the game. I do. He is the hardest working baseball player ever - a role model for these young guys who sit out games just because they're tired. Cal will always be remembered....#8 was amazing.

The #'s speak for themselves and so does his heart and passion. Both he and his dad are examples of what pro is - in every way!

Orioles! Ripken! We'll miss ya.

Back
Top Bottom