CAKE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yeah, I like that song too! I'm lame because I had a chance to go see them at Bumbershoot but I didn't go!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n'bake
Do whatever it takes

this song tries a bit too much to be hip

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Cake is one of the few bands that I really can't stand their music. I don't dislike them for any other reason than their music just makes me shudder.

The video for that song is hilarious!

That song has been stuck in my head all day.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Hmmm so I guess I shouldnt buy any Cake CDs then. I've only heard like 2 of their songs.

bluThinking.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Their old album 'Fashion Nugget' is really good. You would probably like that. It's the one with the 'I Will Survive" cover on it.

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

That song is funky! I like it!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Definitely funky. I think the new song is cool, and would make a great party song. Those guys know how to make a fun little tune.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I like the new Cake song.

* I want a girl with a short skirt and a longggggggggggggg jacket*

The music makes me want to get up and dance a funky jig.

CD_anim.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Well, I like the song, but I think the German(?) tourist in the first video nailed it:

"I miss the rising action!"

I mean, seriously, when I listen to that song, I not only notice a lack of rising action, but I genuinely miss it!

Not since Cher's "Believe" has rising action been so absent, and even then, I didn't pine for the rising action like a lost lover.

Further, I can't figure why they would make the song so devoid of rising action that I would miss it! I mean, surely you can't suck out the rising action this thoroughly on accident! They MUST have intentionally removed the rising action, going as far as systematically changing each byte within the master DAT files. But why? Such a lack of rising action is in such opposition to the song's lyrics. It must have been done for ironic value--similar to U2's light treatment of "Peace On Earth"--but in this case I can't see what ironic statement they were trying to make.

Maybe they were trying to make an ambiguous irony, thus adding a second layer of irony, but still...

I MISS THE RISING ACTION!!!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 09-06-2001).]

I havent heard the new album, but their older album "Fashion Nugget" (despite the name) is very very good. The whole album is good and their version of "i will survive" is great. "stickshifts and saftey belts" is my personal fave off that album. its a really fun and sweet song.
i also saw them open for the Violent Femmes in Portland and they were really great live. They practically stole the show. it was very exciting b/c they really know how to work an audience. good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom