Caffeine Addiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Recently started trying to cut down on my soda consumption because quite frankly its bad for me and I consume way too much. I always thought caffeine didn't really affect me, but boy when I go those long streches without pepsi or coke I start to feel like hell. I didn't even want to wake-up this morning.

Went most of the day without it, had a pepsi with dinner and boy did I feel better. Anyone who says caffeine isn't addictive is lying. That is all.

Maybe you should wean yourself off it. I am absolutely addicted myself (coffee) and I've kicked it before but it was hard mostly because you feel so bad. Instead of going straight to water etc. try going to caffeine free soda until you're done.

I get migraines when I withdraw from caffeine. Suprisingly my migraine med contains caffeine:eyebrow:
So expect to get headaches and carry around some tylenol. Good luck!

redkat said:
Maybe you should wean yourself off it. I am absolutely addicted myself (coffee) and I've kicked it before but it was hard mostly because you feel so bad. Instead of going straight to water etc. try going to caffeine free soda until you're done.

I get migraines when I withdraw from caffeine. Suprisingly my migraine med contains caffeine:eyebrow:
So expect to get headaches and carry around some tylenol. Good luck!
Caffeine free soda is just as useful as drinking water since its caffeine free...:(

yea ive gone off it for 6 months and then one day i totally forgot and was out with friends and ordered one and then i remembered how much i liked it and it all started again.

i get very brief headached but luckily they dont last longer than one day and thats it, so thats the good news:up:

I gave up caffeine for Lent one year. After Lent was over, I had a Coke with my dinner and was up feeling sick all night. After that, I pretty much gave up caffeine entirely. I don't drink caffeinated beverages, and I avoid medicines with caffeine in them. Last summer, I was desperate and took some headache medicine with caffeine--I could tell immediately when it kicked in, because I got all nauseous.

Anyway, it's been nine years now for me without caffeine, and I love it. I don't need it to wake up in the morning, and it never keeps me up at night. I think it is so worth it to stay away from it. :up:

I went off caffine cold turkey a couple years back. After about 5 days of intense headaches, I was fine. I stayed caffine free for over 6 moths.

I need to do this again.

deep said:
I am down to 3-5 cups of coffee a day

from 12-15
[/QUOTE

I drink about 6 cups of black coffee in the morning. And then I start drinking espresso around noon or so. I drink 2 shots of straight espresso, then I usually drink two or three americanos (espresso and water - a little like drip coffee, just stronger) which amounts to about 12 shots of espresso. Tally now at 14 shots of espresso. And then I will have a latte or a mocha, for something a little less harsh late at night. :shifty:

My doctor told me it's a wonder I have a stomach lining these days and that I need to slow down before I completley ruin my digestive system.

I can't give it up. I've tried. But I work in a coffee shop, which doesn't help. First, being around all that coffee is way too tempting and secondly, I can not deal with some of the people that come in while going through a caffiene withdrawl. I'd probably kill someone. :uhoh:

My Dr. Pepper addiction is no secret around here.

But I can't talk too much about it because it will make zonelistener sad that his forum is going under due to the fact that I like Dr. Pepper.

The only way Dr. Pepper could get better is if it was called Sgt. Pepper.

I don't drink coffee, but I do have a couple of cokes a day (lunch, dinner). I love it!

When I got pregnant is '93, I gave up caffeine altogether without any problem (except for the desire to have it, not the need). After about 2 years of breastfeeding, I had my first coke, and man, was that sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Then I just got used to it & have been drinking it again ever since. :wink:

Sometimes if I have a late night snack like popcorn, I need the carbonated soda to quench my thirst. Ginger Ale or Seltzer water would be 2nd choice, but we rarely have it in the house. Hubby went to the market and I see 4 cases of Coke in the kitchen, hehehee.

When I was in college I waited tables at a steak house. I drank pop all the time there. On days I wouldn't work I would get terrible headaches b/c I didn't have the caffeine. I had to ween myself off it.

im sixteen now... and i've drank coffee since i was... *cough seven cough*... i used to drink it wiht LOTS of sugar and now i have the ability to drink it black. and its goooood. :drool:

don’t forget that soda, has enormous amounts of sugar as well... that may be what your addicted to. or what makes you feel sick.

thats what does it for me... but i really don’t like much sugar at all.
sugar also explains the headache’s

Back
Top Bottom