Cable news sucks balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Man it's impossible to just get straight news for an hour on the cable news networks. It's all primetime talking head personalities spouting fascist bullshit.

The personality who has recently been pissing me off is Keith Olbermann. I wish he would STFU and go back to Sportscenter where his wit was welcomed. He's the leftist mirror image of douchebags like Bill O'Reilly. I thought the left was above this crap?

He stares at the camera with an expression of utter constipation for a full half hour, summarizing and stupefying the latest Bush administration fuck-ups, and pureeing them into a mixture that only the most politically unaware viewers must find revealing and fresh. He's obnoxious, snarky, and the only thing separating his show from The O'Reilly Factor is the lack of ambush interviews and retarded arguments.

NPR is about the only US news service I can stand listening to anymore, since the Republicans control just about all of the AM news stations and the cable news networks have all gone to hell in a bid for ratings. The only thing worse is the spoon-fed apple sauce news pieces that the morning news shows like Good Morning America run. Oh, and the pre-packaged 'news' segments your Local 6pm News runs that were prepared by the government or drug companies.

Last edited:
Yeah, you cant get news from the TV. I usually get it online, mostly from the NYTimes. TV is all about ratings, and it's mostly bullshit. I do like watching BBC news though.

And I kinda like Olberman, but maybe that's because I am sick of Limbaugh and Hannity and O'Reilly.

I liked Olberman until I heard him say "Good night and good luck" after one of his self-righteous rants. I tend to agree with what he says, but jeeeeeeesus, Keith. Get the hell over yourself. You're not Edward R. Murrow.

corianderstem said:
I liked Olberman until I heard him say "Good night and good luck" after one of his self-righteous rants. I tend to agree with what he says, but jeeeeeeesus, Keith. Get the hell over yourself. You're not Edward R. Murrow.
That's just it. It's the way he addresses Bush in his rants as if he's having a one-on-one argument with him, the way he thinks he has taken the entire weight of America's discontent on his shoulders for his quaint special comments - all wrapped up in a bow. That irritates me to no end.

I'm sure as the camera turns off it's 'man that was a great show' and into to the dressing room for a BJ from an intern staffer and it's off to a nice restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom