by request: shepherd's pie (lots of pics inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mdw3935 said:
Khan, you can have chili anytime of the year,
it doesn't matter. So go on, knock your socks off
and make some chili. :yes:
BTW you have made me very hungry for Thanksgiving dinner and it's only May. :giggle:
I do hope you post your recipes for mashed potatoes one day.
My husband also makes some delicious honey butter for dinner rolls too. :D
great! :up: now i need to find a good recipe for chili.

my recipe for mashed potatoes is up there actually. here it is without the part with the beef and veggies:

2 russet potatoes
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 stick of butter (1/4 pound)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces. place the potatoes in a saucepan and put just enough water to cover the potatoes. salt the water and bring to a boil. cover and let them boil for about 14 minutes, or until the potato falls off a paring knife (you can use any utensil, really). drain and return to the saucepan over low heat. add the milk, chicken stock, and butter. for chunky potatoes, use a potato masher. for smoother, whipped potatoes, use a hand or stand mixer. add salt and pepper to taste. :drool:

wizard2c said:
Hey....your cooking photos are so Great! I am feeling really down so this cheered me up. You should start your own internet cookbook. You have a real talent for cooking.
thanks! :wave:

Shepherd's Pie works well with some nice English/Irish cheddar on the top before grilling. I make mine almost the same but with mmm mmm Bisto gravy.

Well, it's not often you come across a thread with as intriguing a title as "by request: shepherd's pie (lots of pics inside)". I mean seriously, even though I hate it, how could I not click.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom