Buying Used Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
does anyone else do that?

usually I wait a month or two after a movie comes out, and buy 3 for 25 bucks at Hollywood Video.

I got Little Miss Sunshine, Snakes on a Plane, and Superman Returns for 25 bucks today.

I think it's the only way to buy movies on a limited budget

:up:

I do that with movies and albums. Actually, used CD shopping is a favorite (albeit expensive) hobby of mine.

Nothing better for DVDs than pawn shops though. Arrested Development first season...10 dollars. Nice.

A lot of CDs and movies I buy are used. I don't buy many DVDs these days, but the ones I do are often used.

I love using Amazon.com to buy used stuff. :up:

I rent DVDs from Hollywood Video with their 5 for $5 deal and then I make copies of the ones I want to keep :wink:

DVDs here are quite cheap here if you wait a few months. Always lots of sales too. :up:

Back when people used VCR's, I used to buy used VHS rentals for $4.99. A used DVD of decent movie runs about $9.99. That's too rich for my blood. Lol! Bottom Line: Used movies are ok to buy.

I typically don't buy movies or CDs, but if I did I'd get used ones at Blockbuster. They are 4 for $20.

I buy nearly all my DVDs used at Blockbuster (pity Hollywood Video went out of business in NYC, but when I visit my folks, I make sure to stop by Hollywood and Movie Gallery for their Buy 2, Get 2 deal).

It's always kind of hit or miss. I haven't bought any for a while, but last time I bought stuff, I went a little crazy buying Breakfast on Pluto, The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill, Good Night and Good Luck, His Girl Friday (what a find!), Grizzly Man, Everything is Illuminated, and Neil Young's Heart of Gold. Last time I popped in they had Babe, but literally nothing else I wanted for the 4 for $20 sale. Booo! Though, it was probably just as well. Like I need any more DVDs.

Though, sometime's I'll buy a movie the first week it comes out (since they're always on sale at Best Buy/Circuit City), like Little Miss Sunshine (a special edition with a traveller's fun filled activity book!).

I used to buy movies like crazy, but in the past few years that's stopped altogether. Around Christmas I picked up a few used when I was at the video store. I might have to start browsing the sales, because some of the ones I've seen lately (Little Miss Sunshine, etc) are ones I'd like in my collection.

I have tons of movies thanks to the previous used collection at Hollywood Video and Blockbuster. Only way to buy movies if you ask me.

Also on a sidenote a little discovery of mine is the vending movie redbox machines. Go to www.redbox.com and they will tell you where they are located, usually in McDonalds or grocery stores. Rent new releases for $1 a night. It's pretty awesome if you can find one near you.

Back
Top Bottom