Buttafuocos, Amy Fisher Plan TV Reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
oh god, why?

NEW YORK - More than a decade after 16-year-old Amy Fisher had a sexual relationship with a much-older car mechanic and shot his wife in the face, the one-time "Long Island Lolita" and Joey and Mary Jo Buttafuoco have agreed to appear together in a televised reunion.

All three have signed on for the appearance, which has yet to be sold to a network, television producer David Krieff told the New York Post for Monday editions.

"It's time to just put it behind us," Fisher, now 31, told the newspaper. "We played this all out in a public eye. It'd be interesting to let the public see the healing process at the end. They saw everything else — why not let them see the final product?"

Fisher spent seven years in prison.

Joey Buttafuoco, who was jailed for statutory rape following the 1992 shooting, said he planned to ask Fisher to explain her actions.

"I've been asked about a million times by Mary Jo, `Why did Amy shoot me?' I was never able to get that answer," said Buttafuoco, now 49.

"There's going to be a lot of shocking revelations, and that's why I'm excited to sit down to do this," he said.

The Buttafuocos moved to California and divorced in 2003. Mary Jo, who remains partially paralyzed from the shooting, is engaged.

Joey Buttafuoco, who has remarried, was sentenced in March 2004 to a year in jail and five years' probation after pleading guilty to felony insurance fraud. In August, he pleaded not guilty to charges that he violated probation by possessing ammunition.

LCD television - lowest common denominator

They need $$ - some channel will hope for a cheap ratings boost.

Not much better than slowing down to look at the car wreck on the freeway.

Will Drew Barrymore, Alyssa Milano and the 3rd actress who played Amy (forget who she was) in competing TV Movies the same week be included?

Ugh! I wouldn't waste my time watching this. It is indeed pathetic that these 3 would even CONSIDER doing this, but they obviously do need the money. They *could* do something like this in an attorney's or therapist's office, why broadcast it to the world? :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom