Butt Bridge, Dublin, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't get too hopeful now. They've had a veritable string of albums, it seems: Albums by Anvil - Rate Your Music

Lawlz at the band photo.

And I suppose fans will be crawling out of the woodwork now? Honestly, if a band cannot become big with sheer talent, then I don't have time for them if they use such a shitty attention whoring method like some 2-bit crappy rocumentary. I object to their mere existence. And I thought I'd ask you as you do tend to know about metal, crappy or not!

... I can be far too easily distracted sometimes. *drags self back from last.fm*

I'm honestly surprised I hadn't heard of Anvil. I may not like much pre-1990s metal, but it's hard to avoid in metal circles as people wank on and on about Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and then all the lesser-knowns from that era. I just hone in on the atmospheric stuff and try to avoid the crap.

Anyway, I should be out for the night. :wave:

Welcome to tinnitus.

MS fucking N deafened me it has a feature where when someone calls you it turns all your volume knobs up to the max automatically even if you don't accept the call and I was listening to music with headphones in

I'm so pissed off right now at them

I am glad I have never encountered this feature!

I do hope you weren't listening to some black metal or harsh noise. :wink:

I am glad I have never encountered this feature!

I do hope you weren't listening to some black metal or harsh noise. :wink:

I was listening to a rough mix of my band's new song, as the thing is a mixing programme it's already loud, then MSN set my volumes all up to their max settings

I'm trying to think of a bigger fail in this entire world and right now I just can't

I hate to think how loud that would be. I control all volume through my headphones and have everything on the computer cranked up as loud as it will go - hence my headphones are actually on quite a low volume. If it were sent up to the max ... yikes.

That's just a fucking daft thing on MSN's behalf. You can't stop it through any kind of preferences menu? I must admit, I wasn't even aware you COULD call people via MSN. But then all I desire from an IM is the bare-bones basics.

I hate to think how loud that would be. I control all volume through my headphones and have everything on the computer cranked up as loud as it will go - hence my headphones are actually on quite a low volume. If it were sent up to the max ... yikes.

That's just a fucking daft thing on MSN's behalf. You can't stop it through any kind of preferences menu? I must admit, I wasn't even aware you COULD call people via MSN. But then all I desire from an IM is the bare-bones basics.

Controlling volume through headphones that sounds like a nice thing...I mean when my headphones are at max I can listen with them a decent distance away from me no problem

I mean I could understand it more if it happened after you accepted the call but the settings jumped when someone tried to call me before I even had a chance to accept it

I'm trying to find it through the preferences but can't :sigh:

I just figured out how to stop, but I had to disable all audio related to MSN, not a very good solution oh well saves me worrying about that happening again

I probably listen to my music a slight bit too loud as it is ... I'm kind of worried I have mild tinnitus, but then my ears seem to be prone to all kinds of infection over the last year or two, so it could just be temporary.

Either way, I know I need to be more careful.

Should get some proper earplugs for concerts ...

I've become obsessed with my ears lately as my ears are really sensitive especially my right one.

I always bring earplugs to concerts these days and I never listen to music loud on headphones really. I even use things like replaygain on all my music, to lower the volume of my music back to 1980s levels :wink: To put it in perspective the average volume of all albums on my computer is set to that of Brytar Layter :lol:

The earplugs I've had in the past have been just crap ... I guess I'll have to shell out for some proper concert ones. But usually concerts don't feel too loud and I only have a slight dullness afterwards. Like U2 weren't very loud. Last time I felt compelled to use plugs was for the shitty band who opened for Porcupine Tree, some Aussie wankers called Sleep Parade with a lead singer/guitarist who just couldn't stop doing awful cliche rockstar poses.

Kind of like that Glasvegas guy, come to think of it ...

I've just kinda got into the habit of using them, as my ears just are too sensitive. Broke Social Scene completely deafened me :lol:

Broken Social Scene would give me an earache, but not necessarily due to the volume. :tongue:

Oh I forgot you hated them...seriously their live shows are bloody loud but their music is quite good :wink:

Ax serious question how the hell do you listen to so much music? :lol:

Oh I forgot you hated them...seriously their live shows are bloody loud but their music is quite good :wink:

Ax serious question how the hell do you listen to so much music? :lol:

Actually, I accidentally listened to one of their songs the other day when it came up on iTunes and it wasn't as bad as I remembered, but then it was an instrumental.

I just leave my music on all day ... helps that there is almost never anything on TV that I care to watch.

1. I demand that John use my Liechtenstein cowbell recordings in his song.

2. Hi folks! I'm not really here...

3. Must make myself indivisible... :whistle:

1. I second this demand.

2. Suuuure.

3. I'll still catch you. :tongue:

How long have you been on last.fm, though?

And I really should scrobble my iPod ...

3 whole years and all I have is 48815 plays :lol:

I've start scrobbling all the albums I listen to on my cd player lately

:wave: Cowbell? The song seriously does need more cowbell

Oh, well, about equal with me then once you take into account the fact I didn't scrobble for 8.5 months last year. But I don't get out much, and pretty much every waking moment I have music on. I kind of need the background noise, whether I'm writing essays or cooking dinner or just stuffing around. I've even been known to listen to music while watching TV sport on mute, since I can't stand most of the commentators on Australian television. Washed up bogan ex-sportsmen for the most part ... fucking SHANE WARNE even has a commentary contract.

It's still 10,000x better than infomercials though! :happy:

Half of Australian morning television now feels like it's one big infomercial.

I feel sorry for the people in them. I mean, how'd you feel if somebody recognised you as "that person from that infomercial about baldness"!

And hahaha, I love how lazy some newspapers are. Just doing some research with Kiwi papers from 1886 ... just found the same telegram reprinted word-for-word in eight different newspapers on the same day.

1. I second this demand.

2. Suuuure.

3. I'll still catch you. :tongue:

1. I suppose that means I should upload said videos.

2. :p

3. Stalker!

:wave: Cowbell? The song seriously does need more cowbell
EVERY song needz moar cowbell!

I have never scrobbled in my life. Scrabble is enough of a strain!

Back
Top Bottom