Butt Bridge, Dublin, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still can't decide if Frankston is worse than Ipswich, the boganville of southeast Queensland.

After all, PAULINE HANSON is from Ipswich.

*shudders* You mean Pauline "Get lost you filthy Asians" Hanson? :lmao:

It would be fun to compare all of these areas, Elizabeth v Frankston v Ipswich!

"Why Does Bishop Tutu Lie?: Funny moments from the first leg" :hmm:

Now I just need to actually dig up funny moments ...

I like that, Axver-style humour is what is required. Though not the sort that is likely to offend sensitive readers.

*shudders* You mean Pauline "Get lost you filthy Asians" Hanson? :lmao:

It would be fun to compare all of these areas, Elizabeth v Frankston v Ipswich!

That's the one! :laugh:

Not to murder your Intarwebz, but I made a few demotivationals last year ...

Bogans.jpg

The other two versions were "not just from the western suburbs" and "not just from Ipswich". Although the westie one was made with reference to Sydney, it probably holds for every Australian city!

I like that, Axver-style humour is what is required. Though not the sort that is likely to offend sensitive readers.

I keep wondering how far I should go in my reviews ... it's hard to find a balance sometimes. You don't want to offend people or seem like you're just complaining for the hell of it, but then you don't want to be dishonest or water down your opinions either.

That's the one! :laugh:

Not to murder your Intarwebz, but I made a few demotivationals last year ...

Bogans.jpg

The other two versions were "not just from the western suburbs" and "not just from Ipswich". Although the westie one was made with reference to Sydney, it probably holds for every Australian city!

Bono's mullet! Remind me to never have him as a role model again! :D

Though the Elizabeth area in Adelaide is in the northern suburbs, I live in the western/south western suburbs, which luckily is quite a nice area. I live near the tram line, so as I go to sleep I can hear the movement on the trams on the track!

I keep wondering how far I should go in my reviews ... it's hard to find a balance sometimes. You don't want to offend people or seem like you're just complaining for the hell of it, but then you don't want to be dishonest or water down your opinions either

That's probably the only worry for you. I agree, it can be hard to find the perfect balance ...

I've always wanted to ride the Glenelg line, though not so much now that the H class are all but gone ... those new Adelaide trams look pretty ugly, truth be told.

C'moooon Bombers!

Australia vs South Africa in the rugby tonight. Guess who I'm supporting. You may be surprised.

I've always wanted to ride the Glenelg line, though not so much now that the H class are all but gone ... those new Adelaide trams look pretty ugly, truth be told.

C'moooon Bombers!

Australia vs South Africa in the rugby tonight. Guess who I'm supporting. You may be surprised.

If I recall correctly the old Glenelg trams are used for public holidays only now. The newer trams are crammed, quite thin they are. But opposed to the originals they are less noisier, as in you don't have to block your ears when one goes past.

Are going to be supporting the refs? :wink:

Ooh, Crows game on now, i'll keep you updated.

If I recall correctly the old Glenelg trams are used for public holidays only now. The newer trams are crammed, quite thin they are. But opposed to the originals they are less noisier, as in you don't have to block your ears when one goes past.

Are going to be supporting the refs? :wink:

Ooh, Crows game on now, i'll keep you updated.

I think the H class are also used on weekends for three or four runs? Back in June, I was in Bendigo and they've got one of the Hs preserved there ... great tram, I loved it. Very large compared to its contemporaries still strolling Melbourne's streets.

Haha, no, I'll actually be going for Australia, believe it or not. See, for New Zealand to win the Tri-Nations, South Africa MUST lose at least one of their two upcoming games against Australia. So in the name of the All Blacks winning the tournament, I'll try to keep down the bile and go for a Wallabies win.

I should put the TV on to watch the end of the Bombers/Hawks game.

I think the H class are also used on weekends for three or four runs? Back in June, I was in Bendigo and they've got one of the Hs preserved there ... great tram, I loved it. Very large compared to its contemporaries still strolling Melbourne's streets.

Haha, no, I'll actually be going for Australia, believe it or not. See, for New Zealand to win the Tri-Nations, South Africa MUST lose at least one of their two upcoming games against Australia. So in the name of the All Blacks winning the tournament, I'll try to keep down the bile and go for a Wallabies win.

I should put the TV on to watch the end of the Bombers/Hawks game.

Oh, it's tactical barracking. Yeah, the Glenelg trams were always very roomy, with those leather seats and the buckle things I never used. Ah, the memories. :sigh:

Hawks v. Bombs quite close, a photo finish is likely.

We just got a goal back against Carlton, looks like a high scoring affair.

Yep, tactical barracking. I'd even go for the YANKS if it somehow benefited the All Blacks. And we're only at half-time on the Hawks vs Bombers broadcast here ... curse the delay!

I love the leather seats in the old Melbourne trams - very comfortable. The newer trams aren't half as good.

They replace leather with cloth, who the hell do they think they are. :tsk:

I hate it how the Crows start off games so badly, it's becoming an ever increasing issue for us.

It seems that all new public transport vehicles - trains, trams, and buses alike - all have very minimalist seating; cloth and precious little padding. I'll be sad to see Melbourne's old trams inevitably go. (See: current location.)

Meanwhile, it seems Richmond were able to start well in a number of games, but couldn't play four quarters of footy. It was ridiculous how many times we were in a decent spot at 3/4 time, only to get flogged by a nasty margin.

Now they're stuck in museums. It is a shame to see a vital piece of heritage confined to a glass case in a museum. I guess it is just the development of all this (sometimes flawed) technology.

Eh, it happens to a young team.

Bendigo's got a great operational museum line through the centre of town. :up:

(Really need to upload my photos from that, and my photos from Europe, and a lot of other photos ...)

Still, Richmond really fucking bleeds points in almost every final quarter. It's not good enough, and it's why they failed so hard this season.

Quarter time at Crows v Blues:

Blues - 7.2 44
Crows - 6.3 39

They were pretty dominant in the first term but luckily we are only 5 points down. Carn Crows!

Quarter time at Crows v Blues:

Blues - 7.2 44
Crows - 6.3 39

They were pretty dominant in the first term but luckily we are only 5 points down. Carn Crows!

Ooh, come on Crows!

We've still got plenty of the third quarter to go in the Hawks/Bombers game here ... 63-52 right now. :hates delays:

No Wire?! But Wire is such an excellent song!

I know! You'd think they would've added it later to the set if Bono felt they needed to do Pride earlier to pacify the crowd, but nooo.

Ooh, come on Crows!

We've still got plenty of the third quarter to go in the Hawks/Bombers game here ... 63-52 right now. :hates delays:

I know! You'd think they would've added it later to the set if Bono felt they needed to do Pride earlier to pacify the crowd, but nooo.

Ooh! We've hit the front 51 to 50, much better! I know the score in Hawks v. Essendon.

I don't really understand the point of playing one song twice in a show.

Looks like it's pizza for dinner again tonight in Axverland. :drool:

Ooh! We've hit the front 51 to 50, much better! I know the score in Hawks v. Essendon.

I don't really understand the point of playing one song twice in a show.

Ooh, nice! As for Hawks/Dons, I'll remain spoiler-free and watch the end of the game on this broadcast.

No, nor do I. I luckily only struck Vertigo x2 once out of ten shows on the Vertigo Tour, but it was a bit of a letdown when it happened. Especially since 40 was in the printed set! Glad I'd got 40 a few nights earlier. It wouldn't have been bad if they'd done Native Son rather than Vertigo x2 ...

Damn, this Hawks/Dons game is turning into a right nail-biter. Great game of footy.

Thing is, only one of them actually DESERVES the finals berth.

There's been a good share of wayward kicking in this game ...

Half time at Blues v Crows:

Crows - 13.7 85
Blues - 10.5 65

Hell yeah!

Bombers in front with 14 minutes to go! What a goal. Love it, Lovett-Murray.

Back
Top Bottom