Bus Riders Unite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
For the last few months I've been unable to drive my car and have taken the local bus system in town everywhere I need to go.

I just wanted to know if anyone else is a daily public transportation/bus rider like myself!
Don't be shy... :)

I relied on public transportation for about a period of five years. It can be pretty rough. The buses actually showing up would be so unpredictable I'd have to be at the stop an hour early just to ensure I get to work on time. I hope you have a lot of patience Philk, you're gonna need it. :up:

i take the bus around town, over to the next town, two towns over, wherever i need to go. i wanted to go to a show in boston last week, i took a bus. and then the train once i got into the city.

i don't have a car.

Cleasai said:
I relied on public transportation for about a period of five years. It can be pretty rough. The buses actually showing up would be so unpredictable I'd have to be at the stop an hour early just to ensure I get to work on time. I hope you have a lot of patience Philk, you're gonna need it. :up:

It's not so bad. Yeah, I do have to show up way to early before work because I get on one bus and transfer to another. If they don't match up, wellp, I'm out of luck and 30 minutes pass till the next one.

But $10 a week compared to $30 for gas isn't so bad

Yes, mass transit all the way. $76/month for an unlimited MetroCard gets me to school, back home, and wherever I want to go. Sure the bus service stinks (especially in the privately owned ones) and they never come til an hour later and the line's all the way around a street corner. Don't get me started! :mad:

But yes, it's much cheaper than gas and I don't have to worry whether I'll get a parking space on campus or not.

Twice a day (at least) for the last 4 years or so.

I like it. You have time to read or have interesting conversations with weirdos :wink:

Back
Top Bottom