Burning cds with an imac and itunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simple. 1st, what do you want to burn? Wav files or Mp3?
Do you want to duplicate something or are you downloading mp3's?
If you are dup;icating something, you need to set your itunes importing preference.

Open itunes then go to Help on the menu bar and type in Burn. It will tell you everything you need to know.:yes:

Last edited:
:madspit: :mad: :angry: :grumpy: :confused: :banghead: :yell:

:sigh:

I think it's a software issue. I tried what you generous, lovely, patient folks suggested, but I may have to dig a little harder for info, and then ask again. The problem is that I'm using the computer at school, and so there's really no one to ask. :shifty: I doubt if I'm supposed to be using it for that!

A further question: Is the cd player also the burner?

1. Go into the iTunes preferences (command-Y) and click on Burning. If you want to make a regular music cd, click on the Audio CD option. I usually set the preferred speed to maximum possible, although if you want you can set it slower (fewer errors, although I haven't really gotten any with iTunes at any speed). You can also alter the gap between songs - like if you're burning a concert, you can set the gap to 0 seconds so the tracks flow together seamlessly. 2 seconds is the norm, though.

2. Create a playlist (the plus button on the bottom left side of the iTunes window). Name the playlist whatever you want the name of the CD to be.

3. Add the songs you want to burn onto a cd into that playlist, in the order you want them. (Just drag the files onto the playlist and they should appear in the right side of the window)

4. Click On Burn CD in the upper right corner of the iTunes window. It should ask you to insert a blank CDR into the drive (unless you already put one in there). Then click on it again and it should start burning!

Last edited:
martha said:
A further question: Is the cd player also the burner?

Is it a new iMac or an older one? All of the flat-screen iMacs have cd recording drives (or a combo drive with cd burning capability), but some of the older ones don't have cd burning drives. Mine doesn't, but I've got an external cd burner drive.

An easy way to check if the iMac has a built in cd burner is to go into preferences (command-Y) and go to Burning. If the computer does have a cd burner it should show it in the CD Burner line. If not then it will probably say something like No Drive found or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom